This is a fully remote opportunity
Who We Are:
Spring Venture Group is a leading digital direct-to-consumer sales and marketing company with product offerings focused on the senior market. We specialize in distributing Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, and related products via our family of brands and dedicated team of licensed insurance agents. Powered by our unique technologies that combine sophisticated marketing, comparison shopping, sales execution, and customer engagement – we help thousands of seniors across the country navigate the complex world of Medicare every day.
What We Want:
If you are exploring how to make impactful contributions that transform the way we think about data, look no further! At Spring, we are applying machine learning techniques in amazing ways and we are looking for a talented communicator to join us as our next Machine Learning Engineer.The Machine Learning Ops team is responsible for the productionalization of analytics systems. As part of a larger Data Science team, the Machine Learning Engineer I will work closely with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and DevOps Engineers to design, test, and deploy production-ready machine learning services and data pipelines.
What You’ll Do:
As a Machine Learning Engineer II, you are responsible for providing engineering and infrastructure activities in the creation of production analytics systems. You will partner with the Data Science team and Data Engineering teams to research, design, develop, enhance, and implement state-of-the-art analytics systems design based on the needs of the business. You will assist in the productionalization of Data Science models, including, but not limited to; code optimization, test coverage, and deployment.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the DevOps and Data Engineering teams to provision both batch ETL processes, such as AWS Glue or AWS Batch, and real-time ETL processes such as AWS Lambdas and AWS Kinesis.
- Build and maintain infrastructure that serves analytics models as REST endpoints.
- Works is generally independent and on projects/matters of limited complexity in a project role with some oversight.
- Assist in productionization of Data Science models including code optimization, test coverage and deployment.
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance after deployment.
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning.
- Collaborate closely with the DevOps team and Data Engineering teams to provision both batch ETL processes such as AWS Glue or AWS Batch and real-time ETL processes such as AWS Lambdas and AWS Kinesis.
- Support software development lifecycle management and deliver software meeting customer requirements and compliance standards.
- Evaluate the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of the overall system, identify optimizations, and communicate recommendations.
- Employ advanced SWE skills in production code quality, functional programming methodologies, test driven development and system design.
- Analyze software requirements, determine the feasibility of design within the given constraints, consult with applicable parties, and implement software solutions best suited for SVG’s processes.
- Analyze and identify system level integration issues, interface with the software development, integration and test teams.
- Assist in modifying applications, distributed processing, and web technologies as part of a broader development team.
- Determine and provide analysis for an approach to technical solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Maintain a self-starter mindset when working with product managers and analytics team members to ensure clear technical requirements, business value and fast productization of models.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
Master's Degree in Computer Science or other relatable STEM field OR equivalent relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of the Python language and popular Python libraries, including: FastAPI/Flask, SQLAlchemy, Pandas/Numpy
- Experience with ETL workflows and data processing Batch processing tools such as AWS Batch or AWS Glue
- Real-time data processing tools such as AWS Kinesis and SQS
- Experience working with databases, especially MySQL (RDS) and Postgres (Redshift)
- Familiarity with ML algorithms and the Data Science process
- Familiarity with AWS Sagemaker, Docker and Redis
- Some familiarity with logging and reporting platforms, like Splunk and Datadog
Why You’ll Love It Here:
Fully remote opportunity
- Competitive compensation (anticipated salary $100-120k, depending on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits after a short waiting period
- 401k matching program
- Generous paid time off program with an additional company break during the holidays
- Annual Volunteer Time Off (VTO) and a donation matching program
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Rewards and Recognition
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Training program and ongoing support throughout your entire Spring Venture Group career
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture
- Optional enrollment options include HSA/FSA, AD&D, Spousal/Dependent life insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability, Travel Assistant, and Legal Plans