Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies’ histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and grown.
Avantus’ services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project & Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment, Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis, Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions, Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
Avantus is seeking a Data Analyst to support a DHS CBP client.
The CBP STAT Division conducts recurring and ad hoc reporting of enforcement data, enhances public-facing data and visualizations on CBP.gov, and drives collaboration and innovation between component reporting teams.
Job Description: This position is responsible for developing new and updating existing dashboards using Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, and Tableau Server. Avantus updates dashboards on CBP.gov on a monthly basis and continues to convert static tables to self-service analytics. They must apply critical thinking to gather requirements from an internal stakeholder and adjust for external users. They must have knowledge of database structures, e.g., measures, dimensions, filters. They must have attention to detail to validate values and provide public facing deliverables.
- Organize data in a clear and understandable format
- Validate figures from official sources
- Develop dashboards with Tableau parameters
- Enhance existing dashboards using Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, and Tableau Server
Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of experience.
- Proficient in MS Excel, i.e., Pivot tables, page layouts, VLOOKUP
- Proficient in data visualizations tools, i.e., Tableau, Power BI, Qlik
- Statistical and data analysis
- Experience with large data sets
- Critical thinking
- Cleans, standardizes, and validates data
- Strong written and strategic communication skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS suitability.
- The status of applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements under Executive Order 14042 are subject to change depending on applicable court orders and the course of ongoing litigation. Candidates may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption
Company EEO Statement:
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.