At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise “a helpful smile in every aisle” and those smiles can only come from a workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our customers and each other.
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Department: Information Technology
FLSA : Exempt
Leads the development and continuous improvement of a best-in-class data governance process. Creates and maintains quality control by implementing standards around metric definitions, table creation, and data governance tooling. As a data governance leader, you will be responsible for owning the strategy, roadmap and execution of improving the integrity and consistency of our data ecosystem which includes, but is not limited to: Data Lake, MDM, legacy systems, applications, and analytics infrastructure.
Accountable and Reports to: AVP, Data and Media Engagement
Positions that Report to you: None
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments.
- Design and implement data governance framework and stakeholder engagement
- Collaborate with tech leads and managers to audit our ecosystem, identify issues/areas of improvement and recommend fixes to maintain data consistency and quality.
- Design and implement third party data sharing approval and tracking process
- Design and maintain business glossary/data dictionary documents based on stakeholder requirements.
- Maintain and improve Enterprise Data Catalog
- Assist with implementation of data governance on Data Lake
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Active participant in agile scrum meetings.
- Attends and is prepared to participate in team, department and company meetings.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
- Strong SQL skills
- Data Modeling experience
- Technical writing experience in presentations, queries, and reports.
- Ability to propose solutions before actively developing a feature or request.
- Familiarity of data warehousing and data lake concepts.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to influence teammates and work independently
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Advanced ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: operating a computer, occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 10 pounds, and occasionally standing or walking.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: meeting with customers, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
The duties for this position are performed in a general or remote office setting. There is weekly pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a day.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Windows, or Mac computer and various software solutions.
Responsible for company assets including maintenance of software solutions.
Has frequent contact with office personnel in other departments related to the position as well as occasional contact with users and customers.
Has access to confidential information.
About Hy-Vee, Inc .
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 270 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $12 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s 80,000+ employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.