To strengthen our Data Analytics team, we are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to help to mine and analysis our data. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment. The position of Senior Data Analyst is a full-time and permanent position based in our city center office in Manchester, UK.
As Senior Data Analyst you will:
- Develop data transformation & data analysis scripts to provide statistical reports
- Create data-driven interactive dashboards and web-based applications
- Practical experience in delivering projects in Big Data
- Use BI tools to make KPI analysis more comprehensive
- Identify interesting patterns in data sets and drive insight from data
- Improve dashboards creation to facilitate business decision
- University degree (Msc. or higher) in a quantitative, numerical subject such as any STEM field, Economics or Business Informatics
- Advanced SQL coding skills, good command of at least one programming language (R or Python preferred)
- Experience in creating web-based applications with Shiny or Dash
- Development experience with Tableau / Qlik / Power BI
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate both to business and technical audiences.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Team player with the capability to work in a dynamic, international environment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to think outside the box to identify and solve problems whilst developing creative and innovative solutions
- Excellent database and SQL, R, Python, and data visualization skills
- Good knowledge of Shiny or Dash
- Basic knowledge of Solr
- Project management techniques (e.g., Scrum, Agile)
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka can be a plus
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 350 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: