Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
PURPOSE: We are looking for an innovative, agile and motivated data engineer to be part of Dana’s digital transformation journey as a member of the Digital Business Data and Analytics team. In this highly challenging role, you will be working with a team of business analysts, data engineers and data scientists. Using data engineering techniques, your will be expected to ingest data from multiple sources, build algorithms to identify trends and help derive meaningful/actionable insights to create a world-class digital application experience for our customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the design and implementation of processes to extract, transform and load data from disparate sources into a form that is consumable by analytics processes, for large or more complex projects, using advanced technical capabilities
- Takes accountability to produce a suite of data models with relatively high complexity, leveraging a strong understanding of data modelling standards to ensure high quality
- Works with other departments across the business to help define and deliver business value, as well as interfacing and communicating with program teams, management, and stakeholders to deliver large, complex projects
- Develops and maintains strong effective working relationships with team members and internal client base including data engineers, Data Scientists, and directly with the services/businesses
- Develops batch ingestion and data transformation routines using ETL tools or other ingestion techniques
- Develops real-time ingestion and data transformation routines using Azure Data Factory and similar technologies
- Ingests data from diverse data platforms to cloud data platform
- Presents data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing relational databases for collecting data
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
The preference would be that the successful candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, data science, computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics, etc.
- 3+ years with big data migration, transformation, and loading
- 3+ years with data pipeline development and tuning
- Certification a plus for:
- Azure – Fundamentals
- Azure – Administrator
- Azure – Data Engineer
- Azure – Security Engineer
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Expertise in Data Architecture, ETL, SQL
- Expertise in Azure, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Spark
- Expertise in Azure Data Lake Store, Databricks Delta lakes
- Hands on experience with Python, PySpark or other languages
- Understanding of big data and distributed Architecture
- Knowledge of creating ingestion workflows using IOT hub, Event hub, or similar tools.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Effective team player, self-motivated innovator
- Ability to understand the urgency and priorities of complex situations, and then quickly implement appropriate and timely responses.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.