GDS Tax Technology works closely with clients and professionals in the following areas: Federal Business Tax Services, Partnership Compliance, Corporate Compliance, Indirect Tax Services, Human Capital, and Internal Tax Services. GDS Tax Technology provides solution architecture, application development, testing and maintenance support to the global TAX service line both on a pro-active basis and in response to specific requests.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the TTT team in Tax service line. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a pioneer firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a new service offering.
Your key responsibilities
Apply machine learning techniques to deliver actionable insights
- End to end coding using R, Python or Java
- Responsible for model development - manipulation including data exploration, training data, feature extraction and model development, validation and scoring on structured and unstructured data and to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends
- Design and build systems that mine massive datasets and structure/ engineer it to be usable for machine learning models and to apply AI/Machine Learning technology to solve real-world problems
- Execute both descriptive and inferential ad hoc requests in a timely manner
- Apply standard statistical methods, simulation models and statistical programming as needed
- Develop a strong understanding of business requirements; working with business users/ business analysts to define probable solutions and present result in a clear and concise manner
- To act as an SME on ML/AI
- Stakeholder management and stakeholder interaction
- Responsible for mentoring team members in the use of AI/Machine Learning
Skills and attributes for success
Bachelors / Master’s degree in Science or Statistics / Engineering / MCA/ MBA
- An overall experience of 7 + years of which 2 – 3 years of hands on work experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques and tools such as neural networks, regression, classification and clustering, natural language processing (NLP), ARIMA algorithms
- 1 – 2 years of experience with data sources and platforms (Unix/Linux, Teradata, Hadoop, SQL Server)
- Expertise in softwares such as R, Python, Java or C++
- Strong - programming skills, algorithm development and database management systems
- At least two end-to-end ML projects experience
- Fluent knowledge of both German and English language.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.