At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Big Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big data solutions. You will be involved in data engineering activities like Creating pipelines / workflows for Source to Target etc.
- You will be involved in the design of data solutions using Hadoop based technologies along with Hadoop, Azure, HDInsights for Cloudera based Data Late using Scala Programming.
- Responsible to Ingest data from files, streams and databases. Process the data with Hadoop, Scala, SQL Database, Spark, ML, IoT
- Develop programs in Scala and Python as part of data cleaning and processing
- Responsible to design and develop distributed, high volume, high velocity multi-threaded event processing systems
- Develop efficient software code for multiple use cases leveraging Python and Big Data technologies for various use cases built on the platform
- Provide high operational excellence guaranteeing high availability and platform stability
- Implement scalable solutions to meet the ever-increasing data volumes, using big data/cloud technologies Pyspark, Kafka, any Cloud computing etc.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Big Data technologies
- Proficient in any of the programming languages – Python, Scala or Java
- Mandatory experience in Mid to Expert Level programming capabilities in a large-scale enterprise
- In-depth experience in modern data platform components such as the Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Python, Scala, etc
- Experience with Distributed Versioning Control environments such as GIT
- Familiarity with development tools - experience on either IntelliJ / Eclipse / VSCode IDE, Build Tool Maven
- Demonstrated experience in modern API platform design including how modern UI’s are built consuming services / APIs.
- Experience on Azure cloud including Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake Storage is highly preferred
- Solid experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle - plan, design, develop, test, release, maintain and support, decommission
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Good to have atleast one of the Certifications listed here:
- AZ 900 - Azure Fundamentals
- DP 200, DP 201, DP 203, AZ 204 - Data Engineering
- AZ 400 - Devops Certification
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementWhen applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.