SNR DATA SCIENTIST EE ONLY
Market Related Salary Package
Cape Town, Western Cape
We are recruiting for an experienced and qualified DATA SCIENTIST.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science or similar
- Masters Degree in Data Science, Advanced Analytics or similar highly beneficial
- 3-5 years experience in Data Science or Analytics roles
- Experience deploying models into production environments is beneficial
- Experience in Retail industry is beneficial
- Proficient with advanced methods for regression, optimisation, classification and unsupervised learning problems
- Proficient at modelling algorithms in either R or Python
- Proficient at gathering and wrangling big data sets from various sources including, SQL databases, cloud services, APIs, Excel/Google Sheets
- Good communications skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Eager to learn and stay up to date with industry trends
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Ability to build good practical solutions quickly with iteration rather than big-bang perfect solutions
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify opportunities where data science methods will significantly improve the Merchant divisions performance in areas such as forecasting, promotions planning, scenario modelling, pricing, replenishment and assortment planning, amongst others.
- Plan, prioritise and manage a roadmap of work that maximises value-add with limited time
- Develop solutions according to the roadmap using appropriate methods, depending on the problem
- Measure, report and continuously improve model performance
- Work closely with the Analytics team to brainstorm, identify opportunities and guide the roadmap
- Work closely with the BI team to produce consolidated, transformed data sets, where appropriate
- Work closely with the Software Engineering and Machine Learning Engineering teams to deploy and maintain relevant models in our production environment, ensuring Engineering best practices are adhered to.
- Communicate opportunities and solutions effectively to relevant stakeholders, from Software Engineers to Business Executives
- Collaborate and share knowledge with the analytics teams across the company