WHO YOU ARE
Our Data & Analytics unit works in cross-functional product teams to improve the services and flow of goods at the heart of IKEA’s supply chain and into the hands of our customers. To analyse and enhance our operations, we develop state-of-the-art data products and optimize our existing infrastructure and services.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join us, both as thought leader and hands-on expert, in developing data and analytics products. In this role you would be working with global data and solutions related to deliveries and services. Our diverse team within Data & Analytics is growing rapidly and we would love to talk with you, if you recognize yourself in the following.
- Love for data! Passionate about the impact data can have on business, and always striving to better understand how to build solutions that best serve the business’ data needs
- Excited about IKEA’s values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people
- A curious world class problem solver who wants to keep learning
- A team player who takes ownership, builds relationships with senior peers across functions and loves sharing knowledge with other team members
- Experience in building data pipelines to collect, transform, and load data from various sources (e.g. REST, Kafka, and various databases) into data lakes and/or databases
- Advanced knowledge of data processing and analysis (e.g. with SQL)
- Extensive programming know-how (e.g. in Python, Scala, Java, Go)
- Extensive knowledge of software engineering best practices, tools and methods (e.g. TDD, CI/CD, GIT)
- Experience in using workflow orchestration tools (e.g., Apache Airflow, GCP Workflows).
Nice to have:
- Experience working with cloud services (e.g., Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, Ali, Tencent)
- Experience in building streaming pipelines with Kafka/Apache Spark/Apache Beam
- Knowledge of data modelling for various purposes (e.g. data lakes, OLTP, machine learning)
- Experience working in self-organised, cross-functional teams
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website IKEA.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
IKEA is taking huge steps in its digital transformation and our Data Engineers are working in cross-functional teams consisting of colleagues from Technology, Product, and Design that build and support state-of-the-art data solutions. As a Senior Data Engineer you will drive the development of these solutions and advise (junior) colleagues. In Data & Analytics you will also work hand-in-hand with other Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Stewards and Data Architects.
You will work hands-on to build data pipelines in our data mesh on Google Cloud Platform, as well as be a thought partner on questions like:
- How can data products enable the transformation of IKEA into a data driven company?
- What data products do we design, build, test and maintain to promote data consumption?
- How should we extract, merge, transform and serve data to enable usage at global scale?
- How can we ensure the reliability and quality of the data, and how do we educate team members in cross-functional teams about the importance of it?
- How do we coach and develop our junior team members to become world class Data Engineers?
And perhaps you have your own ideas on problems to solve? We are on a journey towards becoming a data-driven company and you will have the opportunity to help shape our path, based on your knowledge and experience.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
IKEA has long been a global leader in home furnishing. We are proud of our vision to improve the everyday life of the many people. But our industry is quickly changing, and we need to adapt to stay competitive.
As part of IKEA’s journey to strengthen our digital capabilities, we are building a global Data & Analytics function. This function is working on problems across the company, ranging from customer modelling, pricing, online shopping, visual intelligence to logistics optimisation.
As part of the Delivery and Services domain, you will be instrumental in our effort to unlock the data within customer fulfilment that enable a wide range of innovative use cases to improve operations in terms of customer experience, cost, and sustainability. This will allow us to become even better and enable a unique omnichannel customer experience.
We see many opportunities for what we can accomplish and have the ambition to be a world class team. At the same time, we believe that our work is not just about building things, but also about learning and having fun together.
We can offer you:
- Very interesting challenges and opportunities.
- Work that will have global impact on customer satisfaction, costs, and sustainability.
- A flexible, collaborative and friendly working environment.
- A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data & Analytics).
- Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning).
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Does this sound like your next challenge? IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global workplace. And as the world leader in life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please reach out to Recruitment Specialist Pietro Mattei at email@example.com. Please apply with your application in English. Note that we can’t process any applications through email. Thank you!