The Artificial Intelligence team in R&D is seeking a Principal Data Engineer
to design and manage data pipelines and machine learning operations infrastructure and applications in support of high impact data science initiatives.
The successful Data Engineering candidate will work with ML research scientists across IDEXX R&D to enable our product related to be leveraged for ML modeling. This will be accomplished by designing and implementing end-to-end data workflows for ML model building and monitoring for complex products that include imaging, clinical and operational solutions. Additional data engineering work will impact search/retrieval, processing, tagging, and publishing of curated data sets, with an eye towards improving ML model performance over time.
You will join a team of talented data scientists, analysts, and data engineers driving cutting edge AI innovation in veterinary care. This is an exciting role that will interact with many of IDEXX’s core data streams, including new streams emerging from R&D innovation pipelines. If you enjoy complex data engineering challenges, consider this role!What You Can Expect
What You Need To Succeed
- Lead the design of scalable, robust distributed data pipelines and machine learning operations workflows across diverse data sources
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, analysts, data engineering teams, and other data consumers to define requirements and develop solutions
- Work with modern machine learning and DevOps stacks, including Databricks, Kubernetes, AWS Sagemaker, and Spark
- Understand structural requirements and define standards for how data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed for machine learning applications.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest data engineering best practices and innovations
What You Can Expect From Us
- Proficiency with one or more major cloud providers (e.g. AWS)
- Experience managing and maintaining all stages of the data pipeline lifecycle.
- Proficiency with Git and hosted Git services such as Github.
- Proficiency in the design of data warehouse, data lake, data lakehouse and data mesh architectures
- Proficiency building data systems integrating multiple types of data (table-like, images, text documents, etc.)
- Proficiency with big data platforms such Hadoop, Spark, Databricks Delta Lake
- Proficiency in building backend data systems using Python
- Experience with containerization such as Docker, Kubernetes and AWS ECS
- Experience with building continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) systems
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud object storage (e.g. S3)
- Experience building and deploying web applications and APIs
- Experience with the ML(Ops) offering of at least one major cloud provider (e.g. Sagemaker, Vertex)
- Understanding of methods in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
- Base annual salary target: $140000 -$160000 (yes, we do have flexibility if needed)
- Opportunity for annual cash bonus
- Health / Dental / Vision Benefits Day-One
- 5% matching 401k
- Additional benefits include but are not limited to financial support, pet insurance, mental health resources, volunteer paid days off, employee stock program, foundation donation matching, and much more!
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.Let’s Pursue What Matters Together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.