We are looking for a Specialist Data Engineer to join our growing data engineering team at Somerset Foundation Trust. The Data Engineer will bring an in-depth knowledge of data and wider data solutions to help solve some of the key challenges around a programme of work at industrial scale.
Our data engineers work with many systems from across the Trust and build pipelines to process it, control quality and present it for analysis and effective use. You’ll take a lead on developing specific pipelines related to these systems and help to modernise the Data flows around the trust.
This role is Monday - Friday and offers a hybrid model of work with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Taunton or Yeovil office.
Main duties of the job
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the design and build of data pipelines from clinical systems to our BI and Data warehouse, using languages such as SQL and Python.
- Support in the development of New ways to store and present data
- Produce logic for data transformation steps as code, meeting the requirements for our end users.
- Communicate between technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitate discussions within a multidisciplinary team.
- Keep abreast of best practice in data engineering across industry, research and Government and facilitating the adoption of standards.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression, and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Equity, diversity, and inclusion is a priority for us. As a trust we welcome and encourage applications irrespective of age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or personal circumstances. We do our best to ensure our recruitment process is accessible and inclusive. If you have a disability and require an adjustment at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know.