Data Scientist/Statistician IV
- Clearance: Must currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance and be able to obtain a polygraph level clearance after hire
- Location: Springfield, VA
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- CAPE requires Statistician/Data Scientist support to support the Business Analytics division. The Business Analytics division is responsible for identifying, acquiring, transforming and analyzing The Client's data to assess agency performance and inform senior leadership decision making. Contractor personnel will support data integration and modeling; asking and developing business questions; interpreting data made available by agency stakeholders and data owners; and reporting and presenting conclusions to leadership.
Responsibilities include :
- Provide statistical and mathematical support to analyze and interpret a wide range of data to help The Client understand the value of GEOINT to the community and support strategic resource decisions made by The Client's leadership.
- Interpret and analyze leadership information needs, and design and implement data analysis projects to address those needs by incorporating best practices, appropriate data, and proven techniques from experience or research methods.
- Conduct business analytics tool Architecture and Engineering Analysis to ensure integration of existing and future business analytics tools and compliance with enterprise IT policies, architecture and resources.
- Document, analyze, and (as needed) enhance data conditioning processes that translate raw data inputs into decision-quality data products appropriate to the intended audience.
- Design, develop, test and communicate data analytics products (including data, applications and visualizations) from documented, repeatable methods, based in sound data engineering principles and applicable standards.
- Leverage wide-ranging data sources (e.g., web traffic, customer requests for information, survey data, stated and implied requirements, production databases, human capital data, ) to develop and communicate understanding of phenomena and trends.
- Provide insights through repeatable, transparent analysis that will be used to inform The Client's strategy and decisions in partnership with teams supporting agency decision making processes, customer and partner interactions, featured content, and future GEOINT products and services.
- Assist in the construction of data sets and data views for use by the CAPE Business Analytics Division to utilize and communicate complex data sets meaningfully and appropriately.
- Assist with implementation of statistical analysis process improvements and incorporation of statistical research into new analytical products and methods.
- Generate and maintain reports, schematics and other documentation sufficient to maintain CAPE Business Analytics Division awareness of data ingest, conditioning and visualization processes as on a regular basis and modify them as required.
- Provide continuous feedback and recommendations to the Business Analytics Division and CAPE.
- Develop performance metrics to assess business analytics maturity level.
- Prepare reports, briefings, documents and evaluation of results as required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Familiarity with data mining, ability to develop and manipulate, and maintain databases.
- Demonstrated experience using software packages used for advanced statistical analysis of operational data and tools for data visualization.
- Demonstrated participation in and/or directing the activities of highly skilled technical and analytical teams responsible for developing solutions to highly complex analytical/intelligence problems.
- Proven ability to interact and provide technical suppo11to Office-level leadership and management internally as well as externally.
- Ability to develop mathematical algorithms and applications in response to complex requirements.
- Ability to identify systems enhancements and new capabilities, concept demonstrators, capability business cases.
- Ability to provide training as new systems and capabilities move into operational use.
- Must be able to take leadership roles on technical teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in statistics, mathematics , image science, remote sensing, earth science, physical science or related technical or scientific field; or similar course of study at an accredited school (or substituted education and experience).
- Experience in statistical analysis and an understanding of business analytics and apply it to the current and future business and mission environment at The Client.
- Utilize industry standard statistics, communication and visualization tools to develop and convey complex quantitative information and analysis to senior executives.
- Apply business analytics and customer segmentation techniques in any corporate function, g. marketing analytics, consumer analytics, operations analysis, human capital analytics, or other relevant fields.
- Ability to apply statistical, data science and operations research methods from industry best practices and academic research against appropriate analytics problems.
- Mine data through repeatable processes and documented business logic to explore relationships in disparate data sets.
- Apply advanced analytics capabilities to derive insights from a combination of unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data.
- Manipulate, synthesize and visualize large datasets from and between knowledge domains, using appropriate programming languages and software, including but not limited to Semantic Query Language (SQL), Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, R, Python, Tableau, Kibana and others as technology evolves.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical findings to technically inclined audiences and executive personnel.
- Ability to collaborate across a diverse team of statisticians/data analysts.
- Experience with providing customer service support activities across organizational elements.
- Able to independently initiate, manage, execute and report tasks as identified by the government.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community data, software, services and business analytic tools.
- Experience that can facilitate understanding of Intelligence Community mission and business processes.
- Proficiency in performing statistical analysis and modeling on a variety of data, as well as the ability to incorporate new methods and techniques based on best practices and extant research.
- Able to perform predictive analysis using data science tools and techniques.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to analytical methodologies.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.