Title: Data Analyst - 22-00002
Location: 100% remote role
- The Data Analyst will work with the stakeholders to Client organizational data needs and develop solutions to support data-driven decision-making.
- They will identify data sources and criteria needed, develop complex SQL, document specs for ETL and BI developers, test the output, and ensure user acceptance.
- The Data Analyst will proactively identify data gaps and introduce improvements.
- This will include obtaining data from new sources and designing new data flows and transformation sequences in collaboration with ETL developers and data architects.
- Most activities will involve heavy use of complex SQL.
- Develop data solutions to support business needs and data-driven decisions
- Work with stakeholders to understand their data needs and turn vague one-liner requests into actionable, testable requirements
- Analyze complex data that requires consideration of multiple factors to interpret the information
- Collaborate with process owners to understand data definitions appropriate to each use case
- Document data definitions, derivations, flows, and dependencies between source systems
- Use SQL to explore, extract, and analyze data, including historical data
- Define data sources and criteria needed to support reporting and data integrations
- Assess data quality and completeness
- Identify causes of data discrepancies and develop solutions to address them
- Propose solutions to collect or derive new data points to support metrics and identify trends
- Propose data structure, transformation, and flow for new data sources
- Develop complex SQL to derive and transform data from multiple sources
- Write requirements and technical specs for reports, analytics, and dashboards
- Serve as a resource to Business Analysts and Developers for data-related needs.
Education and Experience (required):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business, Finance, or related field
- 5-7 years performing data analysis
- 4-5 years of experience writing complex SQL queries
- 3-4 years of experience working directly with stakeholders on requirement
- Above average analytical and conceptual thinking; resourceful problem-solving
- Fascination with data, desire to learn new concepts
- Expert level SQL skills; experience writing complex queries with multiple table joins, subqueries, and historical data
- Basic knowledge of database design principles, deep understanding of relational databases
- Familiarity with data warehouse, data mart, ETL, and Web services concepts
- Attention to detail in verbal and written interactions; strong listening skills
- Experience communicating with all levels in the organization in a clear and concise manner using non-technical language
- Ability to lead others to articulate requirements and uncover hidden needs
- Excellent documentation skills
- Flexibility with changing requests and priorities
- Additional Qualifications (preferred)
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM data
- Familiarity with statistical methods
- Predictive analytics/forecasting experience