Requisition ID: R10055619
- Category: Research and Sciences
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Chief Data Office has Sr. Data Engineer openings. These positions can be performed as a virtual telecommuter with potential travel to a Northrop Site upon business need.
The selected candidates will build, support, maintain and analyze the organization’s data storage and processing systems. Additionally, the individual will perform various code development and query needs for integration with new and existing applications, dashboards and machine learning pipelines.
- Develop and troubleshoot SQL code, stored procedures, functions, tables, and views
- Develop complex queries and routines to extract data form disparate sources
- Experience in extracting and analyzing data from multiple data sources via APIs, Alteryx workflows, SQL Stored Procedures, or Python scripts.
- Build and maintain streaming and batch data pipelines using various communication protocols and technologies, e.g. OPC, MQTT, Telegraf, Apache NiFi, Alteryx, Python, SSIS
- Research, evaluate, and determine best fit of tools and techniques for data storage, data mining, data transformation, and data integration
- Design, develop, test, and deploy scalable data solutions
- Collaborate with external functional organizations for data and system understanding
- Consult with customers and stakeholder to clearly define needs and objectives
- Communicate project status and results to various levels of leadership
Level 4 (Sr. Principal)
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and at least 9 years of data analytics or data engineering experience; OR a Master's degree with 7 years’ experience. (Appropriate combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement)
Level 5 (Staff)
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and at least 14
years of data analytics or data engineering experience; OR a Master's degree with 12 years’ experience (Appropriate combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement)
- Work experience in MS SQL Server, SQL queries, scripting, and automation
- Experience building and maintaining Extraction Transfer Load (ETL) and data migration pipelines
- Working knowledge in programming languages such as Python, R, and Java
Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Data Science
- Working knowledge in statistical modeling, data mining and machine learning
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue and AWS Lambda
- Experience building Tableau Dashboards
- Experience with data virtualization technologies
Salary Range: $114,300 USD - $171,500 USD
Salary Range 2: $141,800 USD - $212,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.