Desktop Support Security Analyst Purpose: To provide data analysis services to the Samaritan Ministries International Business Intelligence department to help continuously improve the experience we provide our members.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: the quantitative and qualitative contribution to the work of the ministry
Staff are required to meet established goals or communicated expectations for quantity and quality, apply appropriate time management and prioritization skills, work independently with a reasonable amount of guidance from more senior staff, and adequately learn and apply training and knowledge to perform these responsibilities and duties.
- Explore, visualize and communicate business intelligence insights to the ministry using cohort analysis, statistical analysis, text analysis, and predictive analysis.
- Develop projections as requested by ministry leadership in support of strategic planning efforts.
- Respond to data requests from ministry leadership.
- Assist in the data administration of ministry applications and systems.
- Seeking ways to automate and improve data collection processes.
Performs other related duties, as assigned
COMPETENCIES: the specific skills required for success in this role.
Staff are required to demonstrate competence in the following specific areas with appropriate confidence, regular success, and independently (with occasional guidance as needed).
- Technical Learning—Willing to adopt new technologies and quickly learns skills needed to design, develop, implement, maintain, support, or operate a particular technology or related application, product, or service, and incorporate learning into job duties effectively.
- Functional / Technical Skills—Ability to successfully apply knowledge of policy and procedure, technology and systems to accomplish work.
- Attention to Detail—Thorough in accomplishing a task with accuracy and timeliness. Minimizes error by self-checking work and managing distractions and priorities to meet the needs of the team/organization.
- Problem Solving—The ability to define a problem correctly, determine root causes, brainstorm possible solutions, and effectively analyze options to find a resolution. Communicates problem resolution and may participate in the implementation and evaluation of solution for success.
- Processes and Systems—Figures out effective and efficient processes for getting things done. Able to explain to others how processes work and fit into a larger system. Gains and uses insight to focus on improving, developing, or aligning processes and systems to organizational objectives.
Knowledge: refers to the level of expertise that a person holds regarding their role.
Staff are required to possess applicable knowledge to bring value to SMI in this role, know and utilize resources well, ask questions to ensure full understanding. gain and retain knowledge to keep up with changes, and accept and engage with training to grow knowledge for current and future responsibilities. The following is a comprehensive list of knowledge for this role.
- Dashboard creation and organization processes
- Data visualization best practices
- Ticket system and repositories navigation
Education & Experience
- Prefer candidates with at least a four-year degree from an accredited university or the equivalent in education and experience
This position requires an active commitment to the mission, values, and doctrinal stance of SMI. In the course of performing job duties, the staff member will act in a manner that is Christ-honoring as well as Christ-like, demonstrating a personal Christian faith and witness in all interpersonal interactions. The categories listed below detail the required conduct of all Samaritan Ministries staff members.
Staff are required to show evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit in words, actions and behaviors, be engaged in work by acting to positively contribute to the work and mission of SMI, be open to new ideas, willing to contribute solutions, and work through difficulties of workplace change and stress. Staff must also be self-controlled, patient with people and processes, maintain composure, and avoid gossip and slander.
Staff are required to follow through with commitments and deadlines, work diligently to complete work, come to work on time as scheduled, communicate work progress and problems honestly, ask for help when needed, and keep confidentiality.
Staff are required to be aware of their innate talents and be able to describe and demonstrate them. They must be ready to accept projects and assignments that align with abilities, proactively share ideas with their supervisor for utilizing talents within the role or to expand responsibilities, and communicate appropriately and helpfully about weaknesses (areas of little or no current talent which may impact work).
Staff are required to act within the scope of the role to make appropriate decisions and take appropriate risks, properly evaluate their work to identify lessons from successes and failure, be willing to be developed through specific assignments or training, try different approaches to difficult work, and maintain a good work/life balance.
Staff are required to show evidence of considering God in their work and interactions with other staff, accurately recognize their own significance and importance (place/fit), be ready to celebrate the accomplishments of others, work to be available to help other staff in need, accept help from others on work or projects, listen to feedback, admit mistakes and make necessary changes, forgive others ,and work at being content.
Staff are required be aware of their own emotions and impact of their words, actions and behaviors on others, recognize and respond to normal social cues and group dynamics, listen with patience and ask questions for understanding, communicate with truth and love, respect the differences of others and work in unity, and work through disagreements and miscommunications with others (with assistance).
Working conditions and physical demands
- [MAY NEED TO SPECIFY PER JOB REQUIREMENTS]
- Tasks are normally conducted in a regular office environment requiring the use of computer and mouse and other standard office equipment.
- Staff will be required to travel and have a valid driver’s license.
- There are no specific job hazards, PPE, ergonomic concerns (beyond what was listed above), or transport of hazardous material.
- Staff may need to lift and move items up to 35 lbs on occasion
- Staff are required to observe safety principles while performing the duties of the position.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the classification. Work hours may be irregular including performing duties on evenings or weekends.