XITE aims to offer the best music video experience in the world. Founded in the Netherlands, XITE now reaches consumers across Europe and North America through linear networks, interactive TV, and on-demand streaming services. The company revolutionized the way audiences experience music videos by allowing viewers to search, like, and skip through its vast catalog; enjoy channels curated by its team of music experts; and create personalized channels based on genre, era and visual style using its unique Mixer feature. XITE has access to virtually every available music video through agreements with all major and top independent music labels.
- Lead role in setting strategy, objectives, and roadmap for the Data Science team, and mentoring team members
- Design, implement, and evaluate improvements to our music recommendation algorithms (including hypothesis testing)
- Conduct A/B testing to drive iterative improvement through efficient experimentation
- Explore and use data as input for improving existing products and conceiving new ones
- Craft code that meets our standards for style, maintainability, and best practices such as unit tests Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Experience in bringing an MVP to production and contributing to projects with a large code base
- Experience working with a variety of statistical and machine learning methods (dimensionality reduction, regression, classification, clustering, etc) for assisting other teams (advertising, marketing, design)
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Advocate for changes where needed for both product development and sales activity
- Stay up-to-date with new research in the field
Proven professional experience as a Data Scientist, with an advanced degree in computer science or other relevant discipline
- Previous experience working with a team of data scientists and data engineers building machine learning tools in production and at scale
- Experience in supervising and mentoring team members
- Strong communication skills and value building strong relationships with colleagues and partners as well as the ability to explain sophisticated topics in straightforward terms, to influence real world product or feature decisions
- Strong statistical skills and intuition and applied experience solving problems through statistics and math
- Experience with feature engineering and ETL jobs
- Pragmatic, rather than a ‘hype mentality’
- Organized and capable to prioritize
- Experience operating in an Agile or Scrum environment, as well as experience leading a project or team, is a plus
Preferred skills / tool experience includes
- Proficiency with Python programming language and PyData stack
- Experience with scaling machine learning systems, using for example distributed computing tools like Apache (Py)Spark or Dask
- Pipeline orchestration with Apache Airflow or other tools like Luigi
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Cassandra, Elasticsearch and OLAP databases like ClickHouse, Druid or Pinot is a plus
- Data visualization (such as Kibana, Superset, Tableau, Qlik, D3, ggplot) is a plus
What do you get out of it?
At XITE we make sure you’re taken care of by providing you the opportunity to develop your career in a young, fast growing (international) company. We provide a challenging work environment where professionalism, initiative and creativity are a must. We have a unique combination of music, television and new technology. And let’s not forget; we have chef prepared lunches, Friday afternoon drinks and rooftop parties - click here to get an impression!
Do you feel up for the challenge? Then hit that ‘Apply for this Job’ button!