- Australian Citizenship is required for this role, Baseline clearance is preferred
- Multiple locations available (Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney and Perth)
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Implement new ingestion, storage and consumption patterns using cloud native technologies
About the role
- Develop in approved programming language and tools, construct, test solutions within a cloud hosted environment
- Building out the Data acquisition pipeline in a cloud hosted environment across AWS cloud native technologies
- Experience with Data Catalogue and Lineage products and integration with cloud services
- Translate feature documentation into build patterns
- Ensure technical build artefacts comply with build standards and patterns.
- Own issue resolution arising from build reviews, escalating to Technical Chapter Lead via Scrum Master for support when needed
- Provide system context (where known) as inputs to technical adoption and delivery implementation
- Identify and validate variations from technical frameworks/practices
- Conduct code peer reviews and ensure code is checked in on time for production releases and test environments
- Assist in planning, prioritisation and readiness of features for commitment prior to delivery
- Responsible for the breakdown of stories within the features
- Participate in unit testing activities
- Working with environments team to ensure system integration
- Collaborate with the Test/Environment/ DevOps teams to develop the automated test and deployment processes
- Investigate bugs or incidents and contribute to tech bridge as required
- Provide support documentation for the maintenance team
- Hold demonstrations of delivery outcomes for stakeholders
- Knowledge or experience in working with Azure/ ASW cloud native services as well as big data/analytics platforms (preferably Teradata Data Warehouse and/or Cloudera Hadoop)
- Languages including python and Scala are essential.
- Proficiency in Agile project delivery methodology is required.
- Apache Spark, Data modelling, Apache Hadoop, Linux: desirable but not essential
- Data warehouse: desirable
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): essential
- Redshift: Highly desirable
- Azure Cloud services: desirable
- ETL (extra, transform, load): desirable
- Big data analytics: desirable
- Software development: essential
- Clean code practices desirable skills.
- Test driven development desirable skills.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to Yvonne Yang at Talent by clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button. Alternatively, you can contact Yvonne on 02 6129 6315 for further information.