Humana’s Clinical Trend and Analytics Team is seeking a Lead Data Scientist.
The Clinical Trend and Analytics team uses advanced techniques such as machine learning, forecasting and causal inference to predict financial and clinical outcomes in order to guide investments that improve health outcomes and reduce costs. In this exciting start-up environment, you'll have the opportunity to develop data science processes from the ground up and work directly with decision-making executives to shape the future of Humana's most important strategic initiatives.
We think big and relentlessly innovate to redefine the future of healthcare with data science.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will collaborate with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans. You will research, build, and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions. Develop and validate machine learning models and tools. Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers. Influence departmental strategy. Make decisions on complex issues regarding technical approaches for project components, and work autonomously. You will exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Influence organizational strategy by championing innovative ideas with analytical teams, business partners, and clinicians. You are recognized as a leader who helps drive results for both the Analytics organization as well as our business partners.
- Develop reusable machine learning, AI, causal inference, and/or time-series forecasting solutions to support our key business partners within Humana's Enterprise Clinical Management organization to find opportunities to improve health outcomes and lower healthcare costs
- Work directly with aligned business partners in requirements definition, project scoping, roadmap development, timeline management, results delivery; take ownership of the end-to-end process
- The solutions you develop provide measurable value to our key business partners and gain customer satisfaction, trust and respect
- Master's Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Epidemiology, Statistics, Economics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Clinical Informatics, Data Analytics or related field
- Experience leading large, ambiguous data science projects and guiding the approach and technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to make technical decisions on moderately complex to complex issues with minimal direction
- Extensive experience leveraging quantitative techniques such as machine learning, statistical inference, causal inference, mathematics, and experimental study design to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions and strategic insight
- Experience with Spark and building end-to-end modeling pipeline using PySpark, Spark ML, Spark Scala, SparkR or similar tools
- Fluent with at least one of the programming languages such as Python, R
- Clear oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key takeaways
- 3+ years of professional experience leveraging structured and unstructured healthcare data
- Ph. D degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Epidemiology, Statistics, Economics, Math, Clinical Informatics, and/or related field
- Experience with causal inference and causal machine learning techniques, and/or advanced machine learning algorithms such as deep learning, NLP, recommender system, network analysis.
- Experience working with CMS and/or other industry healthcare data
- Familiarity with clinical concepts related to a broad range of clinical conditions and disease states, such as oncology, falls, palliative care, behavioral health and other chronic conditions
- Deep understanding of healthcare payer economics, and/or other specific healthcare areas such as EMR, Episode grouper, utilization management, value-based care, low value care etc.
- 5+ years’ technical experience in the healthcare industry
Healthcare is rapidly changing, and our members are living longer, often with more chronic conditions. Consumers expect more personalized and holistic experiences from their health partners. Humana’s Enterprise Clinical Operating Model (ECOM), is a multi-year strategy with the goal of improving member experiences and health outcomes through better integrating Humana's processes, technology and clinical capabilities. The person occupying this role will be instrumental in executing on the vision of ECOM in partnership with leaders and teams across Humana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours