What You Bring
- You have education, professional credentials, and/or demonstratable expertise in Computer Science, Engineering, or Numerate Field
- 7+ years experience of building complex software engineering solutions
- Expert-level experience in working with Python and data related technologies
- An expert proficiency in objected oriented programming & design
- A demonstrable ability to solve complex software engineering problems
- In-depth knowledge of designing and implementing API and microservice patterns
- A strong knowledge of Cloud Computing, Containerisation, CI/CD and DevOps
- Quality vs speed approach, preferable with testing experience of some of the most common tools in the market (PyTest, Nose, Behave, etc.)
- Able to function as an expert advisor, inspiring leader as well as facilitate and influence on engineering decisions within tactical and strategic instances
- Ability to communicate technical and functional vision and direction to multiple audiences
- The skills and desire to work and cooperate with colleagues all around the world
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER (WITH PYTHON)
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly andpersonally. Ourteams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The EMEA Enterprise Data and Analytics (ED&A) team supports all business activity across 39 countries in the region and serves all functions. This includes working closely with all functions across the EMEA region, including: Supplier Management, Demand Planning, Sales Planning, Nike Direct, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Pricing, Marketing, Customer Insight, as well as the global team in the US, and its counterparts in other regions.Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our ED&A team to work with our engineering squads to guide, develop and deliver high quality software solutions that solve specific business problems and grow Nike’s digital businesses.In your role, you will provide cross-domain software expertisethat empowersand accelerates Nike’s digital businesses.
You will join an extended team of fellow engineers that nurture an engineering culture with its roots in diversity, inclusion and equality. As a team we embrace a DevOps culture and have a can-do mentality. We own the products we buildand support. The candidate will have a depth of knowledge and experience in software engineering, with a focus on data and data engineering paradigms. The role will provide the opportunity to identify solutions and solve complex business and technical problems that impact multiple squads.What You Will Work On
If this is you, you will be working on technical solutions that serve other engineering, data, or business facing teams.Our technical solutions serve the end-to-end breadth of Nike, from building foundational data capabilities, creating analytical products to help the Nike business make better decisions to optimizing our supply chain enabling ourbusinesstorun as efficiently as possible.
Working across multiple squads,you will provide expert-level guidance on the most complex coding, configurationand implementation efforts. You will lead development activities by example by active contribution of code to either help deliver solutions orby providing proof of concepts on frameworks and tools to accelerate delivery.
We build our products to run reliable and at scale, quality is built into our solutions up front, with a testing and quality mentality being a key attribute of our team. You will be asked to provide support by writing documentation and tutorials as well as providing guidance to users with a variety of technical skills.Who You Will Work With
As a Principal Engineer, you will be tasked with working closely with multiple engineering squads across a business-aligned domain in order to solve a wide range of business and technology related problems.
Working with Architecture you will help define the technical design and implementation roadmap across multiple solutions and will work with engineering leadershipto ensurewe resource and equip our squads with the right expertise to deliver those solutions.
Your partnerswill include Scrum teams, Engineering and Architecture, as well as Product and Business leadership.
Through our communities of practice, you will interact with engineers from multiple other squads, and will play a key role in elevatingNike’s engineering culture, standards and best practices, advocating for engineering excellence and innovation.You will be reporting into the Engineering Director, who will guide you to grow and build your career path.