Ingram Micro, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity, delivers a full spectrum of global technology services. With an install base of more than 170K Customers and over 1.8K Vendors, including the world’s best-known technology companies (e.g., Amazon, Google, Cisco, Acer, Apple, Dell, Citrix, HPE, HPI, HTC, IBM, Lenovo, LG, Microsoft, Samsung, VMware, Zebra and many others), Ingram generates over $50B in annual revenue. Given a global reach and focus on IT solutions and services, cloud, mobility, and technology lifecycle, Ingram enables partners to find new opportunities and operate more profitably in their IT areas of focus.
INGRAM MICRO’S GLOBAL BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (GBI) ORG
Ingram Micro's GBI organization is a profit generating strategic service that provides IT channel stakeholders with the insights and industry intelligence to generate more business, expand reach, and achieve pinpoint accuracy in their sales and marketing efforts. Through the GBI org, the analytics team develops high margin science offerings for Ingram’s Global Partners and internal Business Units including Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Finance.
Featuring the largest transactional, product, and inventory databases in the IT Distribution Channel, the analytics team offers Ingram’s global Vendor and Solution providers, Reseller Partners, and internal stakeholders customizable programs, services, and insights: including lead analytics, forecasts and growth targets, recommendation engines, propensity models, strategic analytic consulting, industry performance and insights, customer health analysis, product lifecycle analysis, as well as supply chain optimization, logistics and operations analytics.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to develop machine learning, statistical, AI, economic, geographic, and applied mathematical models to address complex business problems in the tech and e-commerce space.
For many transactions, IM has end-to-end visibility across the supply chain: from upstream manufacturer, through distribution, to resellers, to final end-users. This perspective provides opportunities to tackle the most challenging research and applied science questions with answers that drive strategic, operational, and tactical decisions with immediate and long-term relevance around the world.
The role will collaborate with a diverse team of highly talented PhDs, MScs, and industry experts to use advanced scientific techniques on a world-class data infrastructure to develop large-scale models with immediate and long-term relevance. You will focus on building a product portfolio, new product development, and owning sub-streams of projects that require effective communication with cross-functional teams. As a Data Scientist, you will build models, work with large granular data sets, communicate analysis to key internal and external stakeholders, and be positioned as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Advanced Degree (MSc or PhD) in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, or related technical field
- At least 5 years of industry or post-doc experience in the field of applied Machine Learning.
- Experience applying a range of Machine Learning algorithms, ideally using Python.
- Experience cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing large granular data from varied sources
- Experience developing and delivering machine learning algorithms at scale to solve business-specific problems mapped to use cases
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with at least one BI tool (PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, etc) is an asset
- Working knowledge of GCP, AWS is an asset
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, keenly interested in solving business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently when appropriate.
- Ability to build relationships and effectively influence colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
Our Hybrid Work Program is now live for our office associates. As part of this approach, we will host most of our interviews on-site, but some interviews maybe conducted virtually over the phone or through video. As a part of our COVID-19 Safety measures, we will be requesting information around your vaccination status, if you are hired as an Ingram Micro/Ingram Micro Cloud associate.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.