: VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. As pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the Digital Workspace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join our End User Computing Business Intelligence team as we challenge constraints and solve tomorrow’s problems today! The VMware End User Computing runs the world’s largest Digital Workspace Platform - Workspace ONE. Our goal is to transform the way customers interact with the digital workspace by providing a platform for data aggregation, reporting, data visualization, analytics, machine learning, and custom workflows. We are passionate about rapidly developing high quality software and applying automation and software engineering best practices to everything we do. We work with the latest technologies and open source components. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA.
As a member of the Business Intelligence team, you'll have the opportunity to work with highly skilled, passionate software engineers across Atlanta, Palo Alto, Seattle and Bangalore. The EUC Business Intelligence vision is to become the central leading-edge innovator of business insights and analytics solutions, a trusted business partner, and industry recognized for delivery excellence in information and data management. The mission is to help our stakeholders and customers realize the possibility of data analytics to enable growth opportunities.
Our team is seeking a Data Engineer with strong data modeling and database design skills. You will be interfacing with data analysts and product managers to gather requirements and develop new datasets that bring product telemetry and backoffice source systems together in our data warehouse . You will participate in all the development phases of the EUC Data Hub and dashboards including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning.
Day-to-day activities may include:
- Participate in key architecture and design decisions
- Own and deliver key product features (generally as part of a team)
- Actively contribute to a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement and engineering excellence
- Always be on the lookout for ways to improve our development practices and processes Job Role and Responsibilities: We are looking for a Data Engineer to drive business optimization & transformation across the EUC organization. The position responsibilities include the following:
- Generate and maintain complex data sets needed for analytics
- Design and implement solutions to automatically extract, transform, and load data sets where needed
- Create scripts, tools, or other software solutions to help enforce data governance policies
- Understand business KPIs and the definitions used in reporting on them
- Engineer solutions to resolve the issues in the data sets
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to improve data health, quality, and governance
- Assist data quality initiatives by engineering solutions to enforce data governance policies
- Maintain an understanding of the data creating business processes
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement internal process improvements resulting in higher quality data
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to simplify access and reportability of existing data
- Create data tools that analysts can use for data visibility needs
- Maintain an understanding of the reporting and analytics tools used by the Data Analysts
- Support one time needs to extract, transform, and load data sets in existing tools and system You will have the opportunity to present your work to leadership team, write or contribute to research papers and participate in industry conferences. You will be encouraged to submit ideas for patent and have the support of our patent team.
- 5+ years of experience building modern data warehouse solutions
- Experience in big data technologies. (Spark, Flink, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Presto, Avro, Parquet, Airflow, etc)
- Experience with data management best practices and disciplines including data governance, data quality, data security, analytics and BI, and data architecture
- Solid background in dashboard & report development, business analysis, and requirements gathering
- Advanced SQL and database knowledge in a business environment with large-scale complex data sets
- Technical knowledge and experience working with and building relational and dimensional data models, data pipelines/ETL workflows and integrating data using APIs
• Experience in scripting languages for modifying large data sets like python or SQL • Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
- Able to use consultative approach and persuasive communication
- Works well with complex requirements and minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail Preferred Skills:
- Experience working with Informatica to build and maintain data pipelines
- Familiarity with cloud services, specifically Redshift and S3
- CRM knowledge such as Salesforce, Oracle Sales cloud, SAP BRIM is a plus
- AWS certification is a plus
- Experience working on database migration project
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.