We're growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we've grown to over 180 employees in our Bristol & Boston locations and announced funding of more than £30 million. Our technology is already helping over 200 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while over 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Are you a Senior Data Scientist, with experience of deploying machine learning models and optimisation algorithms? Do you enjoy creating data solutions to improve user experience?
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join day one of the data science function and shape the future of data science at Immersive. Working closely with Engineering, Product, User experience and the wider data team you'll create data solutions aligned with one of our key missions - Evidencing human cyber capabilities, helping to inform organisations of their cyber security risks and improving user experience.
If you are intrigued by our culture and eager to work with a team of iterative, globally-based colleagues who have varying viewpoints and you are excited about developing technical solutions, and proposing changes to improve the experience for our clients and users. We will welcome your different points of view and appreciate your ideas and contributions.
Your main responsibilities:
- Alongside the Data Director, lead the development of a Data Science & Machine Learning function at Immersive labs
- Develop predictive models and algorithms to draw insight from our data
- Implement new ways of working and technology to support this function.
- Mentor other team members in this area
- Mine large & growing volumes of data including from 3rd party tech vendors
- Inform our product roadmap from a data science perspective
- Ensure our models are robust and optimally trained.
- Spot interesting insights to help generate improvements for the organisation
- Communicate clearly and openly with stakeholders to ensure we are a data-driven organisation
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
To be successful you will have:
- A strategic, inquisitive and innovative mindset with the ability to sense commercial opportunities in our data and exploit accordingly.
- Ability to deliver quick wins alongside implementing more advanced modelling techniques.
- Good Understanding of statistics i.e. statistical distributions, hypothesis testing
- Good Understanding of Data Mining and Feature Engineering techniques
- Good Understanding of Machine Learning Pipelines/Algorithms, particularly unsupervised/semi-unsupervised learning techniques.
- Knowledge of continuous integration workflows and platforms within Data Science. Understand the importance of versioning
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- Proficient with common data science libraries/toolkits such as Pandas, SciKit-Learn, Numpy, Keras etc.
- Delivery skills with the ability to work well under pressure in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of version control and collaborating with developers using Git
- Experience with Data Visualisation, Analysis, Warehousing tools (we use Looker/ Stitch / DBT / Snowflake - you don't need to know these specific ones)
- Interest and passion in Cybersecurity
- Experience building data science models for B2B SaaS platforms
What Immersive Labs offers:
We offer an extensive range of benefit including:
- Flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday, and a 4 year sabbatical.
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our 'Learn Anything' fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We're a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit, getting to the office is easy: we're based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.