Requisition ID: 114239
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
There has never been a better time to join Scotiabank as a Data Scientist. The Data Scientist role in the Global Data & Analytics Solutions team at Scotiabank is designed for individuals with a curiosity for deriving insights out of data and applying them to address business opportunities.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success
- Exposure to different business lines where analytics techniques are being applied
- Assignment in hands-on practical projects provide an opportunity to gain new knowledge and develop skills
- Ongoing training and learning program and access to conferences
- A compensation program with a competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance incentives based on performance thresholds, a competitive benefits program, and continuing education programs.
Collaborate with digital banking/marketing and other stakeholders and identify opportunities to drive business value by leveraging data science solutions
- Support digital transformation initiative by performing product analytics, building data service, and driving web analytics adoption
- Research and build behaviour data science use case with web analytics/ log data sources
- Leverage distributed computing tools (e.g., Spark, Cloud) for analysis, data mining, and modeling
- Collaborate with data engineering, software developer, and other analytics teams to deploy models and algorithms in production across different channels and platforms
- Create and apply model and algorithm testing strategies to measure, conduct testing to measure the effectiveness of models, and make ongoing changes
- Support build real-time/batch data pipeline and deploy the model in a production environment
- Prepare detailed documentation to outline data sources, models, and algorithms used and developed
- Present results to business line stakeholders and help implement real data-driven changes.
University degree in a relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics)
- Experience cleaning, transforming, and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data/Cloud ecosystem (e.g. GCP)
- Production experience with experimental design, statistical analysis, customer/marketing modeling (e.g., cross-sell, acquisition)
- Experience with digital data such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Splunk Weblog
- Programming skills in Python
- Experience with common machine learning libraries in Python, PySpark (scikit-learn, xgboost)
- Experience with UNIX tools and shell scripting
- Solid SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL)
- Experience using and implementing visualization tools like PowerBI
- Experience working with Cloud and deploy the model in Kubernetes Environment
- Experience working with Git Workflows (Pull Request, Code Review, Branching)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: for every future, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.