The role of Senior Data Scientist involves delivering high quality data led products and projects as part of technical and highly skilled decision team, with the opportunity to manage a small team of data scientists. Within the role you will deliver AI, Data Science and Machine Learning solutions aligned to our customer plan, enabling us to bring data to life and to deliver measurable return of investment through the commercial application of data science to customer and business problems.
- The role holder will work in multi-disciplinary squads to complete data science projects to a high standard in a fast paced, high frequency retail environment.
- Be involved in developing new models, segmentation, data services across the end-to-end project lifecycle.
- Liaise with and manage stakeholders to understand and define requirements and manage delivery against agreed timelines.
- Be accountable for the delivery of the agreed work plan, across one of the following areas:
- Customer personalisation and targeting (products, offers, promotions)
- Customer and store segmentation
- Recommendation systems and behavioural predictions
- Lifetime value modelling and marketing effectiveness
- Customer Journey Analytics, Competitor Analytics and Loyalty Analytics
You will have the ability to work in multi-disciplinary squads to complete data science projects to a high standard in a fast paced, high frequency retail environment. Be able to have involvement and ability to develop new models, segmentation, data services across end-to-end project lifecycles and be accountable for delivery against key objectives in some of the following areas (the list is not exhaustive): Customer personalisation and targeting, Customer and store segmentation, recommendation systems, behavioural predictions, lifetime value modelling, marketing effectiveness, customer journey analytics, competitor analytics, loyalty analytics.
Communicating and Influencing
The role requires you to liaise with and manage stakeholders to understand and define requirements, and manage delivery against agreed timelines. You will share data and findings with the wider teams.
Freedom to Think and Act
Whilst this role requires the ability to think and act autonomously, your work will contribute to the overall strategy of the function using your experience and skills. You will execute the strategy with the support of your team and guided by principles of the broader Customer strategy.
You will have proven experience of delivering data science and machine learning projects and products, delivering measurable value to the organisation, proven experience of the application of statistical methods to solve data science problems and data visualisation, in depth knowledge of the AI, data science and machine learning processes and how they can add value to an organisation; as well as A passion for innovative data and machine learning applications to drive profitable outcomes for our customers and business
Strategy Teams, Commercial, Ecommerce, Marketing, Customer, Supply Chain & Technology
Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org