About The Job
Toptal developers work with speed and efficiency to deliver the highest quality of work. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business, and ready to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, with great rates and zero hassles. If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe, Toptal is right for you.About Toptal
Toptal is an exclusive network of top freelancers from around the world. Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups hire Toptal for their most important projects. Toptal is one of the fastest-growing fully remote networks and empowers freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers worldwide to grow and excel in their freelance careers. Toptal clients vary in sizes and industries, from enterprise organizations and big tech companies to Silicon Valley startups and renowned universities. Once you enter the network, our matchers will contact you with project opportunities that fit your expertise and preferences. We have experts in over 120 countries who get to work remotely on projects that meet their career ambitions. About the role We are looking for a Data Engineer (independent contractor) whose main goal is to be one step ahead of data scientists and analysts. You will support them by providing infrastructure and tools they can use to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can be developed rapidly and maintained easily. This is more than building and maintaining ETL pipelines. We need innovation, creativity, and solutions that will have a significant impact on the client’s velocity. Requirements
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Working experience with Python required.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of distributed computing and data modeling.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design and coding and testing patterns, including experience with engineering software platforms and data infrastructures.
- Working experience with Tibco is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (e.g. GCS and BigQuery) is a plus.
- Working experience with Dimensional Modeling and Rails is a plus.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
If you’re interested in pursuing an engaging career working on full-time freelance jobs for exclusive clients, take the next step by clicking apply and filling out the short form to get started.