Job Description (EN):
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Are you driven by innovation and creativity? Are you looking for your next opportunity to make a strong impact for our customers?
We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist (Co-op) to support AI Accelerator and its customer’s data/advanced analytics and machine learning modeling needs. Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory.
Canada Life is one of the top 3 Insurance carriers in Canada who is part of a strong and mature global financial company. Canada Life has embarked on a transformation that is changing the way we work and how we help our customers. You will be part of the core Group Customer technology team with a strong commitment to transform our business with full leverage technology, data and analytics. You will work along side with a very supportive leadership and great culture. You will also work closely with our multi-functional team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Translators, Designers, and Product Owners. This role can be located in Toronto, London, or Winnipeg
What you’ll do:
- Leverage advanced analytics techniques to develop and deploy predictive models to deliver new business values
- Work on internal/external source data and extract/generate features for ML modeling in big data platforms
- Interpret modeling results and the insights
- Create and align on a roadmap to execute against the priorities
- Research and recommend data science solutions for improved effectiveness and delivery of demand generation initiatives for the business unit
- Cultivate relationships to help with the determination of root-cause data quality problems, resolve problems & opportunities to drive significant data quality improvements across the company
What you bring:
- Relevant course work with applying data analytics and statistics
- Strong experience with machine learning, data analysis, and predictive models using Python, R or similar tools
- Database and programming languages experience and data manipulation and integration skills using SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL Databases, or similar tools
- Comfortable to work in a multi-function team with an agile culture
- Ability to work with data with significant ambiguity, develop creative approaches to analytical problems, and interpret data and results from a business/industry perspective
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted