WhereIsMyTransport is a globally distributed scale-up revolutionising the way public transport information from emerging-market megacities can be accessed and understood. Using geospatial data collection, we untangle the mysteries of dynamic public transport networks - knowledge which, when shared, improves understanding and creates a more equitable society. We’re experts in our field - that’s why we’re backed by some of the world’s most renowned mobility technology investors, including Google and Toyota Tsusho.
You’ll join a very collaborative team of three experienced experts. Our Data Engineer, Senior Data Analyst and Head of Data Engineering are based in Berlin. Over the next quarter, we will add two Data Scientists, a Data Engineer and a Data Analyst. We love curiosity, learning, respectful collaboration and improving the public transport experience of ten thousands of commuters across the world.
You’ll work in cross-functional teams on using machine learning to make public transport more transparent and easy to use. For example, this could be building ML-powered services that enhance our consumer product or making our transport data collection processes more efficient. As the first Data Scientist within our company, you will establish solid practices around model development, deployment and share your knowledge with the rest of the company. This position will initially be around 70% hands-on data science and 30% technical leadership (mentoring and establishing solid data science practices).
- Work hands-on within cross-functional teams on finding the right solution to business challenges
- Establish data science practices within the company and mentor more junior Data Scientists to level up
- Take ownership of developing and serving machine learning models, including choosing training data, deploying in production, and overseeing the quality and ongoing evaluation of models
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure that solutions are reliable and maintainable
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging existing and new datasets to drive business solutions, to feed these ideas into the product prioritization process
We would like to hear from you if:
You’re an experienced Data Scientist excited to launch our Data Science capabilities, establishing best practices and building out the Data Science function at WhereIsMyTransport.
Required skills and knowledge
- You enjoy cross-functional collaboration, effective communication and solving business problems as much as we do
- You have trained and deployed a few ML models to production
- You are excited to establish good data science practices around experimentation, prototyping and delivering models in production
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with others within the team and organization
- You care about testing, readable code and other software engineering best practices
Bonus attributes (skills, knowledge, behaviours)
- Cloud Development (Azure/GCP)
- Docker and DevOps experience
- You have worked with geospatial and/or NLP data
We'd love to hear from you!
To create inclusive products, our team must be as diverse as the public transport users in the regions where we work globally. We welcome all applications irrespective of - among the many things that make individuals unique - ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin.
Apply by sending us your resumè. You’re more than welcome to include a short note to tell us why this is the perfect next move for your career path.