Position Purpose:This position will provide the Health Plan Systems with a platform for real-time stream processing by performing application and production support to help ensure the availability of streaming services and the continuous flow of data.
Contribute to the development and maintenance of real-time processing applications
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of optimal data pipeline architectures
- Conduct maintenance and support for core infrastructure health, system upgrades, monitoring, CI/CD and logging
- Research streaming best practices and proper stream architecture
- Collaborate with team members to better understand existing data requirements and validation rules
- Analyze trends in data sets and contribute to the development of algorithms in order to improve upon the usefulness of raw data
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred. 2+ years of experience in Computer Engineering, Software Development, System Administration, Linux Administration, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering. Experience with the following programs/platforms is preferred: Streaming Frameworks - Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Kafka K-Streams, Apache Samza, Apache Flink, Apache Apex, Apache Nifi and Apache Pulsar; Storage Technologies - MongoDB, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop, DocumentDB, SQL Server, Volt DB, Apache Ignite, CockroachDB, Amazon Aurora and Redis; Linux – RedHat; Continuous Integration and Deployment – CloudBees, Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Puppet and Chef.
Preferred: AWS Glue, Redshift, Lambda, CodePipeline, CodeCommit, Terraform
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.