Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About The Role
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and data engineers operate at the forefront of this by creating authoritative datasets that drives analysis and decision-making across all of Twitch. In this role you will be shaping the way that business performance is measured, defining how we transform our data, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced data engineer to join our Content Data Science team, which is focused on empowering staff throughout Twitch to use and trust our business data. Your responsibilities may range from developing and enhancing our data warehouse which act as authoritative sources of truth across the company, driving data quality and trustworthiness across product verticals and business areas, building self-service business intelligence infrastructure for analysts, as well as connecting into data interfaces that enable everyone in Twitch to discover and analyze the data. In the process, you will have the opportunity to interact with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the company, and will report to the Director of Content Data Science.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Define and own team level data architecture for trusted, governed, dimensionally-modeled repository of data that enables Twitch staff to quickly and reliably answer their business questions. Keep existing data sources fresh against data quality issues, design, develop and maintain data quality assurance framework and continuously improve the processes for developing new ones raising the level of quality expected from our work. Conduct unit, integration, and system tests on our data sources in order to validate data against source systems, and continuously optimize performance in order to improve query speed and reduce cost. Improve search, discovery and literacy: Create exploration and visualization interfaces in our BI tools and evangelize the adoption of these sources across the company through education and training programs.
Improve business and engineering team processes via data architecture, engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices. Make enhancements that improve data processes.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles.
- 3+ years in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of star schema, SQL, SQL Tuning, OLAP, Big Data technologies
- 3+ years of experience in generating and maintaining data pipelines from various data sources, in collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience working with Amazon Webservices, S3, EMR, Redshift etc.
- Experience with best practices for development including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation.
- Experience with coding languages like Python/Java/Scala
- A passion for data science and interest in growing / learning data science, machine learning at scale.
- A passion for games and the gaming industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $107,500 /year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Job ID: TW7963