Data Engineer - WFMOverview
Veryable is a high-growth company with a vision to revitalize the manufacturing sector through technology-driven operations improvement. Our tech and real-time marketplace have enabled us to transform an antiquated and inefficient labor market. These efforts have resulted in more work opportunities for individuals and increased productivity for manufacturers and supply chain businesses across the US.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Data Engineer
to join our growing integrations team. The Data Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing ETL data pipelines to integrate external, 3rd party data into our data systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data warehousing and experience with a variety of programming languages and data integration tools. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting and innovative projects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and make a significant impact on the company's growth and success.
This is a full-time role, based in Dallas, Texas. We believe strongly in hands-on collaboration, and for the growth stage of our business we rely on in-office, in-person dynamics to ensure we can move at a high pace with efficiency.Key Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement ETL data pipelines to integrate external, 3rd party data into our data systems.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including data analysts and data scientists, to understand and define data requirements.
- Develop and maintain data quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of integrated data.
- Collaborate with the database team to optimize data storage and retrieval for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Participate in the design and implementation of data governance and data management policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain documentation of ETL processes, data models, and data dictionaries.
- Utilize AWS SDK and AWS CLI to manage AWS services and resources.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in data engineering or a related field.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, data integration, and data management concepts.
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as FiveTran, AWS AppFlow, and Apache AirFlow.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), particularly with AWS Lambda.
- Familiarity with DataOps and contract testing (nice to have).
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 401K Plan
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO