Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is seeking creative problem solvers who can design and develop solutions with our clients. We are technology agnostic, in a sense, and are interested in people who come from different environments and backgrounds than perhaps what we have seen. Understanding and having an interest in working in an analytics environment is a great skill to have, as well.
You can be a self-proclaimed data engineer, application guru, individual advancing in your engineering or analytics career, or a data developer who has a strong interest in software engineering.
You will be part of one of our fastest-growing, heavily impactful teams, and you will be working with a great client who loves data as much as we do.
- Strong SQL development skills
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools
- Experience with reporting / analytics tools (MicroStrategy, ThoughtSpot, Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.) is a plus
- Data manipulation & analysis
- Unstructured data management
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (S3, Redshift, lambda, AWS, etc.) is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business Analytics disciplines, or related area
- 3+ years of experience with ETL and data integration, data quality analysis, statistical analysis and/or modeling
- Active Top-Secret US Government clearance
**This position requires two days a week on site at customer location in Washington DC or Chantilly, Virginia, the rest of the week can be remote (there is some flexibility)**
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Vaccination within 60-days of hire, or an approved accommodation, is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042 (unless precluded by State law). If a candidate is not vaccinated, they may request an accommodation once offered the position, and the accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. Candidate will have 60 days to get vaccinated.