Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Data Analyst to be a part of a larger product team who partners closely with FHR capabilities to deliver on a technology roadmap that transforms a work process. The goal of FHR’s Business Focused technology roadmaps is to create competitive advantage through industry leading data management strategies and leveraging data to automate decision making.
FHR IT product teams create value for FHR by maximizing return on investments in technology by focusing on solving business problems and optimizing total cost of ownership. We invite you to apply for our Data Analyst role and join our Product Team at our headquarters in Wichita, KS.
This will be a hybrid opportunity based out of Wichita, KS.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, architects, and other relevant capabilities and stakeholders to understand business objectives, customer needs, and user behavior to inform product development strategies
- Partner with the business to capture, analyze and document functional and data requirements to provide to other IT capabilities.
- Create and optimize queries for data retrieval using Cypher, VQL, and SQL
- Assist in data management tasks, including data cleansing, transformation, and validation.
- Coordinate with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Ensures quality of product releases and deliverables through execution of risk mitigation strategies, including creation of test automation scripts, creation and execution of test cases, and regression testing.
- Work across the organization to ensure we capture and fix data quality issues that are found in FHR’s core commercial applications.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with attention to detail and follow-thru
- Ability to prioritize day to day and long-term responsibilities, this role will require an ability to quickly shift from longer term work to delivery for experiments
- Work well in a team environment
- Strong collaboration, communication, and experimentation skills
- The agility to work among cross functional teams
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience working in a cross functional team to solve business problems
- Experience creating written documentation for team members, business partners and customers
- Experience using query languages such as Cypher, SQL or VQL
- Experience developing and supporting business analytics applications such as Power BI, Excel, MS Access, or other data visualization platforms
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or Finance related field OR 2+ years’ experience in an enterprise application focused role
- Experience with AWS technologies including S3, Redshift, Lambda
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience with data quality and stewardship
- Open source and commercial RDBMS (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with Denodo
- Experience with Neo4j Graph databases
- Experience programing with Typescript and Python
Position is not eligible for sponsorship.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, Flint Hills Resources is an industry-leading refining company making the oil and transportation products that keep the world moving. We make a large supply of fuel for gas stations and airports in addition to transporting crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products through 4,000+ miles of pipeline – delivering energy to farmers, manufacturers and families. Our team champions innovation and excellence to help power modern life.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf