Acuity, Inc. seeks a dynamic, self-motivated Sr. Data Engineer to support our federal government client. This role will be responsible for supporting datawarehousing ETL solutions across multiple verticals within the agency. His/her work must be results oriented and focused on high quality, timeliness and scalability. The position will consult with end users to identify current reporting requirements in a fast paced team-oriented environment. This position may also support in designing, modifying, testing, documenting, installing, and deploying reporting systems.
- Work closely with Solution Architect and Tech Lead to provide overall data- engineering support to establish an enterprise data warehouse in AWS cloud environment. This includes but is not limited to build and deliver data lake, integrate with client's existing data catalog prototype, and migrate client's big data applications from legacy on-premise to the new computing platform by leveraging new technologies in AWS.
- Work closely with the business users of the data to collect, build, cleanse, assemble and refine datasets to support the variety of data analytics needs put forward by business stakeholders including data scientists, economists, enforcement attorneys, examiners and analysts.
- Work closely with the system administrators from networking, database, cloud engineering, and security engineering teams to comply with data security policies and procedures, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in data engineering deliveries.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent degree with a combined 5+ years of experience and a passion for working with large data sets
- Demonstrated extensive experience working in large-scale data environments which includes real time and batch processing requirements
- Strong experience of ETL processing with large data stores
- Hands-on coding experience in programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, R etc for assembling diverse datasets
- Experience designing and delivering large scale, 24-7, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures
- Experience with Big Data platforms
- Experience in any big data technologies - Hadoop, EMR, Amazon Redshift, AWS DEVOps, AWS DynamoDB, or advanced analytics tools will be plus
- Significant experience working closely with the business users of data
- Working knowledge of data security management policies and procedures
- Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities
- Knowledge and experience with Agile, Scrum and DevOps principles and practices
- Must be US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain government suitability/clearance.
About Acuity Inc:
Acuity is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.