WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences - the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
AMD together we advance_
Data Scientist - Business Management
We are looking for a talented individual who is passionate about implementing data science and operating analytical solutions that have direct impact to AMD’s business. You will employ predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques to build end-to-end solutions and help AMD to grow the business.
This person should have a passion in data science. He/she has strong SQL and programming skills (Python is preferred) and has a good understanding of statistics and machine learning algorithms.
- Partner and align with business leaders, stakeholders and business intelligence teams to understand the business needs and address them using predictive analytics
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Mine and analyze data from database and websites to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Deliver a ML project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization.
- Collaborate with other teams to enrich the available data
- Passion about data science and data engineering
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, such as KNIME, Airflow, etc.
- Proficiency in object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, etc.
- Proficiency in ML libraries such as Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Proficiency in UNIX shell scripting such as Bash, Zsh, etc.
- Excellent understanding of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, classification, properties of distributions, statistical testing, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as KNN, DRF, SVM, etc., and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Solid understanding of distributed storage and big data computing frameworks such as Snowflake, Hadoop, Spark, etc. Experience with Snowflake is preferred.
- Experience of version control tools such as Git and Github.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields, with 3+ years of related work experience.
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.