Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
As a Data Scientist at Micron Technology, Inc., you will report to the Smart Manufacturing and Artificial Intelligence organization. The team defines, drives and delivers end to end smart manufacturing solution, integrated across functions of the business. The team will look into applying industry-leading the best methodologies in automation, AI and machine learning to enhance Micron’s product development, business and administrative processes across the company.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Work with an international team of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers and I4 analysts in a collaborative manner to develop new data science solutions that improve operational excellence and extend manufacturing capabilities.
- Draw from a broad background of data-mining, data engineering and visualization to discover insightful patterns in the dataset
- Work on projects and develop solutions that would be of high impact in Fabrication plant related to yield, throughput and product quality.
- Work closely with IT on data management, taking an idea, access and prepare necessary data, develop it to an application with intuitive user interface, integrate with any pre-existing systems, demonstrate successful use cases and wins, etc.
- Developing new or enhancing prior data acquisition and ETL pipelines from various sources into big data ecosystem.
- Developing responsive design web interface for result visualization and user interaction
- Creating intuitive user interface for interactive data visualization to explain insights from data
- At least 8 years experience in semiconductor manufacturing and 5 years in data science field
- B.S/M.S degree in Science, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or any other engineering discipline with extensive programming exposure
- Good hands on programming experience (eg Java, C++, python, etc)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Willing to travel and enjoy working in diverse environment
- Any exposure to below will be advantageous
- Scala, Python in Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- ETL, Database (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Snowflake, etc.)
- Image processing (OpenCV, Python PIL, scikit-image, etc.)
- Web Development (Angular, typescript, css, Node.js, etc)
- Mobile app development (Ionic framework, apache cordova, etc)
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to demonstrate the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in the U.S., Singapore and Malaysia are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.