Arena’s Chief Technology Officer is looking for a junior-to-mid-level database developer/data scientist who has a passion for coding, troubleshooting data and solving problems. The right candidate would be a key contributor to a proprietary financial data warehouse that is crucial to running its business. Responsivities would include analyzing data, troubleshooting logic problems, monitoring data health and developing data transformations/stored procedures while learning to interface with business-side sponsors from asset management, accounting, and operations. Ideal candidates will be organized, analytical, self-motivated, resourceful and able to work/communicate effectively with all internal functional groups.This is a great opportunity to be a part of a large-scale fintech platform while honing one’s technical skills and learning the private credit business.
- Analyze/Troubleshoot financial data of Arena’s Datawarehouse.
- Assist with projects/tasks related to data analysis, data visualization, and reporting for our Operations, Finance & Asset Management departments.
- Develop stored procedures and data transformations.
- Develop PowerBI visualizations.
The individual will be able to work in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment while maintaining an interest in details, accuracy, & efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science from a top university.
- 3-5 years experience in technology – tech pure play, startup, fintech, etc.
- Internships/Co-ops experience is a plus.
- Strong Relational Database knowledge (MS SQL Server, etc).
- Fluency in SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures.
- Familiarity with PowerBI (or Tableau) for data visualizations.
- Familiarity with SSRS for reporting.
- Experience with accounting, fund-accounting, trading operations-related data a plus.
- Familiarity with OOP and at least one language (C#, Java, etc) a plus.
- Comfortable with Agile/Scrum SDLC.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Strong attention to detail.