Transform the way the world runs networks
In your role as a Data Scientist for Control Plane team, you will work on our Control Plane, and network analytics software and technology (using advanced AI/Machine learning models to build products). QoE program in Data Management is built on the foundation on machine learning, where various QoE use-cases like video, gaming, conferencing etc need deep understanding of data satisfied by this role. Tackle complex and sometimes ambiguous problems innate to advanced data science solutions and complex test automation. Work on Control plane product portfolio of use cases and solutions as part of agile team member as individual contributor to build best- in-class data science platform, address new use cases and complex solutions.
- Understand the business use-case and determine the data mining goals for it.
- Establish strategy for data understanding, preparation, modeling & evaluation of a business use-case and get a buy-in from all stake holders.
- Review software requirements, technical and functional specification documents to design & develop automation scripts to assure the code operates as defined
- Develop detailed specifications for new systems or system enhancements
- Develop applications forms and reports for assigned systems
- Facilitate automated data collections and validation of ML/AI models
- Automate, execute, continuously improve accuracy levels of the models used for use cases & solutions developed using ML, AI techniques.
- Utilize test tool automation to streamline testing activities on various projects
- Communicate with managers and business partners on business systems and project statuses
- Work closely with software development, QA and other stakeholder teams for use cases.
- Perform activities (manual testing) where needed
What Skills you bring in
- BE or ME (or equivalent degree) degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in Software development using data science, Machine learning and AI based solutions.
- Solid understanding of data science, machine learning algorithms, artificial intelligence and their appropriate use.
- Deep understanding of Machine learning aspects like Data Collection & Strategies, Data Storage, Data Cleanup, Modeling, Evaluation, to build an end-2-end QoE use-case.
- Must possess strong statistics, programming, data acquisition, analytics and processing skills and experience.
- Must possess a passion for problem solving, ability to learn new skills, capable of building necessary utilities, and genuinely enjoy helping our ecosystem succeed.
- Programming experience in C, C++, python, R, Tensor Flow or similar technologies, scripting, Linux operating system, networking domain is a strong plus
- Experience in working with Kubernetes, and cloud based micro service architecture.
- Experience with big data, Kafka, Vertica or real-time database, AWS/Azure ML libraries, Spark, Scala, Tensor Flow, Python, H20, weka and/or other analytics full stack engineering and modeling platforms is strongly preferable.
- Programming experience in C, C++, python, R, Tensor Flow or similar technologies, scripting, linux under networking domain is a strong plus
Networks are evolving, and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you’ll take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role.
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
If you have an interview or workplace accommodation request, please contact our Global Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.