It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Avid makes technology and collaborative tools so creators can entertain, inform, educate and enlighten the world. Our customers are the visionaries behind the most inspiring feature films, television programs, news broadcasts, televised sporting events, music recording and live concerts. To learn how Avid powers greater creators or for more information, visit www.avid.com.Job Summary
The Data Engineer role will focus primarily on designing and implementing the data pipeline and common data models that will create the new data foundation for our enterprise analytics function. This will include building the ETL/ELT processes and orchestration layer that will drive the development of our Enterprise Data Warehouse and deliver data for analytics and systems integrations.Responsibilities And Duties
Qualifications & Skills
- Design, develop, implement, and support overall data eco-system which consolidates into an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Maintain constantly evolving Data Vault data model which will serve the business data needs
- Build and support ETL/ELT and data architectures within the data eco-system
- Contribute to the constantly evolving Data Vault data model which will serve the business data needs
- Execute and maintain standards and practices for adding new data sources into ecosystem, development, data quality, and support within the EDW
- Ensure proper documentation, versioning, and data cataloging is performed for all data consumed & modelled within the EDW
- Implementing comprehensive testing and monitoring processes to ensure data quality and timely error detection
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years EDW design/development experience or similar type role
- Extensive experience with data related programming languages (SQL, python, redshift, etc) a MUST.
- Experience developing and maintaining a data warehouse environment within Snowflake.
- Understanding of data warehouse architecture techniques (Data Vault 2.0 preferred)
- Strong experience with ELT/ETL development and tools (DBT experience preferred)
- Familiarity with Bulk Data Integrations (FiveTran experience a plus)
- Understanding of data modeling practices and methodologies to deliver data for business use.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving and follow-through abilities, ability to navigate through ambiguous requirements
- Have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface with Business, Analytics, and IT organizations
- Ability to work within a team and individually in a fast-paced agile environment
Here are some of the things you can count on when working for Avid:
Avid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Being part of one of the most recognized brands in the movie, music and broadcast business (when we perform, Earth shakes and superheroes fly!).
- A competitive salary, bonuses and benefits (such as private medical insurance, life insurance and sport package subsidies, depending on location).
- Full employment contract.
- Flexible working hours.
- A modern work from home policy.
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support (depending on the position).
US Pay Transparency Range $105,000.00 - $132,000.00If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!