Hotelbeds is the world´s leading bedbank.
The company’s proprietary technology helps providers of travel services distribute their offering to travel sellers globally via an easy-to-use, advanced technology platform that increases reach, revenue and yield for both the provider and the seller.
Operating under the Hotelbeds brand in the wholesale channel and the Bedsonline brand in the travel agents channel, the company connects over 60,000 travel intermediaries across more than 140 source markets globally with travel providers in over 185 countries representing more than 170,000 hotels, 24,000 transfer routes and 18,000 activities.
The company is headquartered in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
Would you like to work with the most advanced technologies in Data Science?
Join our expanding Analytics & Data Science team, taking on new challenges to support strategic projects. We aim to put data insights at the heart of every commercial action in our e-commerce business. To do this we need people who are experienced in data analysis, ML modelling and visualizations. We want our team to drive our commercial success through the solutions we build.
We want you to be productive, so we have a modern analytics stack that includes Snowflake for data warehousing, DBT and Airflow for data pipelines, Python for ML modelling and Tableau for data visualizations.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be expected to drive the adoption and implementation of ML/AI models within Hotelbeds. You should be experienced in terms of releasing ML models into production and be able to contribute to all parts of a solutions design. This means that as well as having deep knowledge of ML/AI models, you will also be experienced in cleaning/joining data, building data pipelines, visualizing data and explaining your model to the business.
The role will be technical but will also require you to meet with stakeholders to understand their problems and translate these into solutions that insightful and intuitive. Within our team we utilize agile working methods and you can expect to be given responsibility from the first moment.
So, are you up for the challenge?
- Modelling – Build predictive models using ML and AI. This will encompass all parts of moving a model into production including data cleaning/joining, feature engineering, model selection / hyperparameters, data pipelines/scheduling and communicating results to the business.
- Analysis – Link and analyze a range of datasets, understand our business logic and generate insights around our business problems.
- Build – Contribute to our solutions by making changes to our apps, building dashboards or creating consumable data sources.
- Knowledge Sharing – define and share data science best practices with the team and wider business.
- Design & Development – Use you knowledge of modelling, data architecture and UI/UX to recommend and build solutions for our users.
- Strategy / Business understanding - Collects requirements and iterate with the business to constantly improve our solutions.
- Business Support - Provide BAU support for existing dashboards and reports.
The following skills/experience will be beneficial to your application:
- University Degree
- 5 years experience using SQL or Python (or similar language)
- Examples of releasing ML/AI based solutions into production
- Past experience of working with ETL/ELT tools such as DBT, Airflow…
- Advanced Excel skills
- A history of managing/coaching others to adopt data science best practices.
- Proactive and eager to learn new technologies and their usage
- Interest in both business knowledge and technical capabilities.
- Analytical capabilities
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English.
You will have the opportunity to work for a company that is going through significant change in becoming the world´s leading travel services provider. We are looking for people that are ready to ride the wave in this exciting journey.
As well as an attractive benefits package you will be able to work:
Within an innovative, engaging and multicultural environment.
Have the opportunity to build strong and lasting business relationships and friendships from around the world.
Have the opportunity in developing your career locally or within one of our beautiful working locations across the globe.