At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
The team is currently looking for one “Associate Data Scientist
” to join their team in Bangalore, KA
. who can play lead role in developing and building next generation AI & ML products and services. As part of the core data science group, candidate will lead project teams in developing innovative, reusable, and scalable solutions. This position will work effectively with cross-functional teams and technical leads to determine, define, and deploy analytics solutions to meet business goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate business objectives, determine stakeholder needs, and identify requirements. Choose best fit methods, define algorithms, validate, and deploy models to achieve business results. Perform necessary data preparation and enhancements to models.
- Candidate will interface directly with business stakeholders in order to define and lead the development of advanced analytics solutions supporting Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Safety.
- Candidate will work with data scientist leads across domains to ensure functional excellence in this technical field and will provide mentoring, technical leadership, and training to the data scientist community to accelerate and develop this talent base. In particular, candidate will provide thought leadership for machine learning and advanced analytics methods at Boeing and externally.
- Candidate will actively engage with stakeholders across the business to identify applications across the enterprise, beyond the initial use case, and lead the implementation of these applications to capture business value.
- Candidate will perform technology evaluation, assist in identifying capabilities gaps, develop best practices and work alongside the rest of the global data scientists and technical leads in Analytics organization.
- Candidate will have a stake in ensuring analytics solutions meet the business requirements and are implemented in a timely manner to validate business value.
ML/AI Models Development:
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams in the analysis of highly complex data sets using advanced analytics techniques such as machine learning, advanced statistical analysis, visual analysis, text analysis, mathematical optimization, and simulation. Identify modeling attributes and parameters.
- Follow best practices and standard processes for model validation and refinement as per business requirements.
- Assess performance of models and analysis and confirm that business objectives were met. Work with business unit stakeholders to develop and sustain analytics solutions.
- Develop end to end ML Pipeline in GCP, should have good understanding of GCP machine learning model deployment, orchestration, pipeline creation & model monitoring.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
The successful candidate would ideally have some subset of the following experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. engineering, science, economics, quantitative finance, operations research, statistics, mathematics, or similar information technology field of study).
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as Data Scientist in core areas of computer vision & image processing.
- Overall work experience of 5+ years post Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years post Master’s degree
- Experience in various machine learning method such as regression, clustering, classification, decision trees, natural language processing, ensemble methods, SVM, deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.
- Experience with machine learning related open source libraries including, but not limited to: SciKit-Learn, Keras, TensorFlow, Theano, etc.
- Strong expertise on Python development, database, Hadoop, GCP (google cloud platform) machine learning model deployment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience:
- Experience in agile and product-oriented development.
- Up-to-date industry and experience in building ML models and bring in to full production use.
- Background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced production environment
- Experience training machine learning models in a cloud computing environment such as: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Scala.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, MATLAB) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Experience and knowledge in DevOps for Data Science.
- Strong team player and passion to execute projects with a focus on customer and value.
- Knowledge of advance statistics (probability theory and distributions, descriptive statistics, matrix algebra, multivariate statistics, polynomial analysis, parametric and non-parametric methods, etc.)
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with 4 to 8 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION.
Export Control Requirements:
Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.