Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in developing statistical predictive models
- Real world experience using Hadoop and the related query engines (Hive / Impala)
- High level of competence in Python, Spark and Unix/Linux scripts
- Extensive experience with SAS/SQL/Hive for extracting and aggregating data
- Ability to program in one or more scripting languages such as Perl or Python and one or more programming languages such as Java or Scala
- Experience with one or more common statistical tools such SAS, R, KNIME, Matlab.
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau
- Modeling experience in bankcard industry or financial service company using for fraud, credit risk, bankruptcy, or marketing is a plus
- Proficiency in designing & solving classification/prediction problems using open source libraries such as Scikit learn.
- Deep learning experience with TensorFlow is a plus.
- Proficiency in data manipulation using Python tools such as Pandas, Numpy etc.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.