As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Data Science Consultants are adept across data science techniques using open source tools to solve varied use cases for our clients
- They work to build strong, enduring relationships with client staff based on innovation, trust and service excellence.
- They are accountable for successful delivery of complex data science engagements adhering to client’s requirements and timelines
- They learn constantly and lead adoption of emerging technologies and approaches in their processes benefiting the client & IBM overall.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BTech (with 4+ years of relevant experience) or Masters (with 2+ years of relevant experience) in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics/ Statistics/ Econometrics, Electrical or Systems Engineering, Physics or similar highly quantitative field
- Ability to transform business requirements into data science formulations and implement the solutions in an efficient and scalable fashion
- Sound understanding of data science concepts, model development & performance tuning processes as well as coding, version control and CI/CD best practices
- Experience in building and deploying production quality models in a live digital environment using data pipelines and ML Ops frameworks
- Proficient in Python and various data science related libraries of Python including TensorFlow, Keras, Sci-Kit Lean, Pandas, Numpy and PySpark
- Must have worked in developing and deploying models using any one of the major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to handle multiple projects as an individual contributor and as a mentor to other team members
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Extensive experience in Convolutional Neural Network / Computer Vision projects using TensorFlow, PyTorch and leveraging public / open-source libraries (VGG16, ImageNet, YOLO, OpenCV, etc) as well as ability to tweak, modify these CNN architectures when required for a specific business problem.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementWhen applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.