Role Location: Melbourne, Australia
Role Type: Data Engineer
- Be a part of our Agile New Ways of Working
- Successfully build, collaborate with and influence a network of strong relationships within and across the Tribe
- Enable and inspire a multi-disciplinary team to pursue its mission
At ANZ , everything we do boils down to ‘why’ - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has moved to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Data@ANZ’ on our new LinkedIn Life page .
About The Role
This role is responsible for the successful delivery of sales and financial reporting for Business & Private Banking (B&PB) to best meet strategic, operational and financial reporting requirements across Segment and State. This role is accountable for delivering quality, accurate and timely reporting and data analysis for BAU Sales, KRAs, Incentives & Rewards and Initiatives, i.e. PMRs, campaigns and pilots.
Who are you?
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What you bring to the role
- An ability to work with the Data Flow Engineer team to deliver quality, accurate and timely reporting on key performance metrics aligned to Segment and State
- Build and deliver accurate, timely and automated (where possible) reports within the reporting framework for KRAs, incentives and initiatives
- An ability to provide key insights and analysis to the business to support decision making
- Ability to work with the MIS Lead and Analyst to deliver best practice development and delivery of reports, analysis and business recommendations based on sound data management.
- Conduct research, data collection and analysis of information to develop ad hoc reports for the senior leadership teams
- Ensure data management and reports are efficient, automated and well managed including documentation to minimise business delivery risk.
Skills you will bring to the tribe
- Advanced level of data interrogation and modelling using Microsoft SQL platform
- Advanced Excel and Access skills, and VBA coding
- Experience working with GCP cloud technology preferred
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
“At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.”