At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Creating the future of smart mobility requires the highly intelligent use of data, metrics and analytics. That’s where you can make an impact as part of our Global Data Insight & Analytics team. We are the trusted advisers that enable Ford to clearly see business conditions, customer needs and the competitive landscape. With our support, key decision makers can act in meaningful, positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based, timely decision making.
Our ideal candidate will lead or assist in AI/ML model development and deployment to support vehicle quality improvement and warranty reduction, by using connected vehicle data and other data sources to predict emerging customer concerns. You will be encouraged to work with AI/ML experts and IT team to choose the right software architecture and implement the AI/ML solution. We are seeking independent problem solvers with a technical mentality who have a passion for learning and applying groundbreaking technologies.More Specifically, You Will
You will be responsible for providing the data analytics support for projects, including assembly of data for building models, building data pipelines, and performing predictive/prescriptive analytics, and building POC web applications.
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Collaborate with Product Development and Quality experts to understand their requirements and overall business needs and translate high-level ideas into well-defined mathematical problems
- Collaborate with IT partners to ensure that the AI/ML solutions are deployed seamlessly
- Identify key data elements to extract/decode/analyze. Understand which elements of large data sets can be most effectively demonstrated in the analytic models and what potentially useful information may be missing.
- Applying advanced analytical solutions (including machine learning and statistical models), and conduct analysis that consists of problem formulation, data extraction and pre-processing, modeling, validation, ongoing work, and presentations.
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensional structured and unstructured data from a variety of sources and implement algorithms to identify anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Collaborate internally and externally to identify new and novel data sources and explore their potential use in developing concrete business insight
- Explore new technologies and analytic solutions for use in quantitative model development and deployment
- Develop complete system designs that include data, pre-processign, modelling, optimization, post-processing and interfaces for user interaction.
- Interpret modeling results and communicate them to technical and non-technical audiences, multi-functional teams and leadership
Our Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 1 + years experience in a data analytics role including running queries, compiling data, and manipulating data from separate sources to form unified sets for analysis.
- 1+ years experience in predictive analytics including machine learning and experience writing algorithms in Python, Scala, or similar languages.
- 1+ years experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, R, PySpark, Java, Matlab, C/C++, SQL, or similar languages.
What You’ll Receive In Return
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with Python, SQL, Spark, Hadoop, or Google Cloud Platform
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning methods and tools, including but not limited to: linear and nonlinear regression, classification, and clustering (Relevant university course projects qualify)
- 1+ year of work experience (in a non-academic setting) involving complex quantitative modeling and analysis in any of the areas mentioned under Basic Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability in the application of Machine Learning to real-world industrial settings with large scale data
- Experience with modeling frameworks, such as DataRobot, Domino, etc.
- Proficient with version control systems such as Git, as well as agile software development and DevOps tools
- Excellent programming skills, particularly interface development to generate data visualizations and to extract insights from large complex data sets, is very desirable
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- Familiarity with web development backend frameworks such as Python Flask or Java SpringBoot, and frontend frameworks such as Angular
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment where problems are not always well-defined
- Well-organized, a self-starter, independent and ready to work with minimal direction
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.Requisition ID