Voted one of Chicago's Top 100 Best Small Places to Work - 2 Years Running!
Label Insight Named to the 2020 CB Insights Retail Tech 100
About the Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team is chock-full of smart, dedicated, and creative team members. Each one has a desire to experiment with new and unfamiliar technology to solve their cross-functional (XFN) team's business objectives. We're passionate about best practices and strive to follow standards laid out before us. The team is encouraged to get involved in the tech community by participating in open source projects, speaking at local meetups, and presenting at national and international conferences.
Who You Are:
You’re an innovator; you share our common interest in improving and scaling our existing architecture and systems. Your excellent communication skills are key when collaborating closely with other engineers to determine the best way to build products that meet their needs. We are quality driven and you must be too. We expect that you’ll get involved and stay infed with the latest trends in technology and experiment with how to apply those to help consumers make more educated and healthier decisions.
How You'll Contribute:
- Start the day collaborating with your XFN team during daily standups to discuss the current sprint and remove any roadblocks
- Gather data sets from complex product data and work with multiple data stores, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch
- Use tools and scripts (e.g. SQL, Jupyter, etc) to analyze data and uncover trends and data points to make data driven decisions.
- Build dashboards to surface metrics using our business intelligence stack (Looker, FiveTran, and BigQuery)
- Hang out with one of our friendly office dogs (for Chicago postings) OR enjoy a free team lunch every other Wednesday!
- Pair with and mentor other engineers to provide highly-valuable and innovative products to our customers
- Attend a Lunch-and-Learn or Engineering Learning Session to hear about a new technology or learn from the team on that tech meetup or conference you recently attended
At the end of this internship you will have:
- Gained experience working in a unique startup company environment with an emphasis on collaboration
- Develop experience working on an end to end product solution
- Increase software development skills, learning from a team of top engineers
This is primarily a remote role with weekly check-ins at the Chicago office. It’s imperative that you’re comfortable working in a remote environment the majority of the week, frequently communicating through Slack and checking in daily through Google Meet. You’re someone who is driven and can independently manage projects and meet deadlines. You’re also confident in using virtual meeting and communication tools like Google Meet, Zoom and Slack.
We Share a Common Purpose:
Label Insight’s purpose is to empower consumers with the knowledge to improve their lives through better product choices. Our purpose keeps our team focused and aligned as we drive growth for our grocery retailer and CPG customers through unparalleled transparency.
We Live Our Values:
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration & Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty & Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
The Perks of Joining Us this Summer:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible work hours
- Casual and collaborative, open-layout work space
- Regularly scheduled team gatherings
- At Label Insight we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and qualifications. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.