As a Barclays Data Analyst you will be joining Corporate Data Services (CDS) team within Barclays International business area. You will be instrumentally responsible for providing curated data services, organization and integration of data collected from various sources for consumption across the corporate bank. Also Providing data insights and predictive analytics capability that provides business intelligence services to our partners.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the delivery of Corporate Data Services Strategy initiatives from Concept to Production
- Identifying & verifying of source data origination, together with assessing overlapping & distinct data elements
- Becoming knowledgeable in data sources and expected outputs in specific data domains
- Supporting the programme & project leads towards achieving the goals of the initiatives
- Identifying, monitoring and mitigating risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Raising awareness to Programme & Project Managers and analysis leads of dependencies outside of area of responsibility
- Adapting to changing requirements & priorities and changing course as necessary
- Adhering to Group Change control and governance standards, recording and reporting data in the right way
What we’re looking for:
• Advanced experience with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Experience in analysis of structured and unstructured data
- Exposure to solution & data architecture concepts
- Experience of the agile software development lifecycle, the roles and responsibilities on large projects and the motivations of the actors involved
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
- Exposure to SQL / JIRA / CA Agile Central
- Knowledge of R/Python data
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.