OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Opportunity: #LI-Remote
OpenText is looking for a innovative and curious person to join a team of data & feature engineers. The successful candidate will work on unlocking massive value from volumes of existing data. The Senior Data Engineer will work closely with data scientists and business owners to define and build real time data pipelines to support AI and analytics efforts. Candidates should have extensive experience productionalizing / wrangling unstructured data and creating features suitable for analytics and modelling. The team is global and very collaborative. We are a fast-paced organization and there are numerous projects in progress at any one time.
You Are Great At:
- Participating in requirements gathering / analysis, and solution documentation of large scale data transformation / feature engineering and loading routines
- Construction of robust data transformation / feature engineering and loading routines
- Working collaboratively with the data science team to engineer and integrate features from foundational data that are suitable for solving modelling problems
- Coming up with and conducting unit and integration test cases for data transformation and loading pipelines
- Assessing correlations and suitability for modelling of transformed data
- Curiosity with global regulatory regimes and anonymization frameworks and how they effect analytics and modeling outcomes
- Investigating and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Working creatively to understand, wrangle, and integrate diverse / unstructured data sources
- Collaborating with stakeholders including the product owners, data science, and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
What It Takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, finance or a related area of study
- 7+ years experience in a similar role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Familiarity with the modelling / analytics process, assessing the usefulness of data within that process
- Deep knowledge of SQL, “Big data” data pipelines, and architectures
- Experience with enterprise data modelling and architecture
- Experience working with big data tools like Apache Spark
- Experience working with large data sets, data pipeline and workflow management tools, and stream-processing systems
- Experience with data lineage concepts & related tools
- Experience with data cleansing, data masking for PII
- Experience implementing automated data quality validations within ETL pipelines
- Strong knowledge of Cloud environments (Unix/Windows, Virtualization, Containers, Data Management, CI/CD Management)
- Background in programming in Python, C, C++, or Java
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience with, or willingness to develop and exercise skills in the areas of enterprise content management, web-based software applications, and application integration
- Ability to work cross-functionally with IT infrastructure and database administrator teams on project implementations
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Experience with OpenText Magellan
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport with the team and partners
- A self-starter attitude, a strong desire to learn as you go, and the belief that you can make a meaningful contribution to your immediate team, the business users that you serve, and to the organization
For Colorado residents, this job is expected to pay in the range of 98K-147K in addition to a comprehensive and competitive group benefit and healthcare plan. Individual compensation will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements.
While OpenText is an Equal Opportunity Employer, our efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Additionally, OpenText, as a proud US federal contractor, may be subject in the future to Executive Order 14042 requiring all US employees (in office or virtual) be fully vaccinated. The Executive Order is current stayed pending litigation. If the stay is lifted and the Executive Order goes into effect, all employees will be required to comply with the requirement to either be fully vaccinated or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption.