The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This position is on the Modeling & Major Initiatives team within Pricing Analytics & Actuarial Services (PAAS) and is responsible for developing, managing and leading predictive modeling solutions and rating plan developments in support of pricing Allstate insurance lines. This includes utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards, methodologies, & knowledge, as well as, developing new predictive modeling algorithms and tools to make data-driven business decisions. This role works closely with pricing senior leadership and key business partners to develop and execute appropriate pricing, modeling and product strategies of high complexity to support business goals. The role includes oversight of managing a team of analysts.
Uses best practices to develop and ensure appropriateness of complex statistical & actuarial techniques to build models and/or tools that address business needs and to improve the accuracy of our data and data-driven decisions
- Plans, manages, and/or contributes on large scale modeling projects using accepted project management standards that cross multi-disciplinary areas with no guidance
- Leads a team of people and provides input on talent management aspects to leadership
- Provides thought and/or technical leadership, including contributions to improvement, development and innovation, and often serves as a subject matter expert
- Reviews, evaluates, communicates and makes recommendation on appropriateness of modeling techniques and results to team, leadership and stakeholders to ensure these are well understood and incorporated into business processes.
- Responsible for selecting, reviewing, and ensuring quality of data used to perform pricing analyses, in both modeling and non-modeling applications
- Leverages understanding of insurance business, products, markets and regulatory environment to influence pricing & modeling strategies and business decisions
- Mentor less experienced talent
This job does have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience
- Master’s or PhD degree – preferably in related field of study such as math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics
- 5+ years of related experience within the field of data science and predictive modeling
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Advanced experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models, as well as, evaluate models
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the use and ability to learn a wide variety of tools, data sources and computer applications
- Proven experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Advanced communication skills, including the ability to present written and verbal interpretations of highly specialized terms and data, to multi-disciplinary groups and various organizational levels
- Advanced project management skills to independently handle multiple projects of high complexity, that cross multi-disciplinary groups
- Extensive product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, including professional standards of actuarial/statistical techniques
- Proven management experience, including ability to train, develop and mentor people leaders
Compensation offered for this role is $123,000 to $160,000 and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life - including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.