Totally Joined For Achieving Collaborative Techniques (TJFACT) is a veteran owned, SDVOSB, 8(a), CVE certified and HUBZone certified performance driven professional services government contracting company that provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to the U.S government agencies and organizations.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Social Media Data Analyst to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, GA.
- Develop computer programs to access application programming interfaces (APis) and conduct data management and analytic processes.
- Process, manage, store, and query large volumes of data.
- Develop and employ natural language processing algorithms.
- Create static and interactive maps and other data visualizations.
- Develop, run, and evaluate statistical and machine learning models.
- Calculate descriptive statistics, conduct statistical tests of significance, and draft scientific findings.
- Annotate data through qualitative review.
- Assist in writing comprehensive statistical and analytic reports of findings.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating results of research findings to a scientific community.
- Minimum education and experience: Master's Degree (MA, MS or MPH) in epidemiology, public health or related field; one year of applied experience beyond terminal degree.
- Familiarity with programming with Rand Python software, including use of Python's Scikit-leam library;
- Knowledge of epidemiologic modeling and tests of statistical significance, including regression;
- Experiencing with building machine learning models and validating models;
- Familiarity with social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and text based data;
- Experiencing employing geospatial data management techniques;
- Ability to communicate in oral and written forms.
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401-K plus match
- Paid Vacation days
- Paid holidays
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
Note: The work described herein is primarily sedentary, and performed in an office setting. Some walking will be required throughout the workplace facilities and at work sites. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as conference rooms or office spaces. There are no unusual physical demands.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.