Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system and legislative systems? Are you able to analyze data to detect unusual patterns?
We're looking for a Data Scientist who can:
- Optimize the performance of transaction monitoring systems through the use of statistical analysis and process automation for key activities (including impact analysis & simulations, client segmentation, rule logic replication and sampling methods, champion and challenger reviews of alternative models)
- Define transaction monitoring Key Data Elements (KDE) / Key Data Output (KDO), across systems and operational processes and provide on-going tracking of model performance including Key Model Performance Indicators (KMPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Work with business stakeholders to define requirements to refine existing systems or support the rollout of new detection scenarios or AML monitoring solutions and
- Collaborate with a team of global analytics experts to continually assess current and emerging high risk transactional activities via the utilization of innovative analytical methodologies including machine learning
- Interact with investigation teams and financial intelligence units to assimilate qualitative input with quantitative metrics and support all internal and external review functions including internal audit, assurance & validation functions and regulatory bodies
You'll be joining a growing Financial Crime Transaction Monitoring Governance team in a cross divisional capacity. You'll be working in Hong Kong/Singapore as part of the APAC regional team. As specialists in automated money laundering detection, our team represents each country in the selection, refinement and maintenance of AML transaction monitoring. As a Data Scientist you'll play an important role in ensuring our models comply with our global AML model risk governance framework.
- in depth knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining techniques (including outlier detection, segmentation, predictive analytics, machine learning)
- advanced programming capabilities in Python and R
- strong technical/development skills in SQL and other reporting tools (Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview)
- ability to deliver presentations explaining technical concepts to non-technical business users at various levels of the organization
- university degree or equivalent in a quantitative discipline: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or Information Management
- excellent verbal and written English communication skills and preferably Mandarin
- highly flexible and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and change directions based on business demands
- ability to work under pressure to constant deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.